Winda Woppa

B Patto

I just got back from Winda Woppa a great 10 day holiday at Port Stephens I decided I would buy a rod and have a go at fishing while I was up there. So the first morning after I bought my gear I headed outjust before sunrise to Jimmy's beach which is straight across from the house I was staying in and threw my line in using plastics, and within 10 minutes I had my first plate size flatty I caught another 2 that morning. I was pretty happy after my first day of fishing and headed out every morning afrter that another 8 days of fishing I managed to catch at least 1 Flatty every day on the plastics but caught a few bigger ones using 3 gang hooks with frozen pilchards. All of these flatty's I caught within 500 metres of the house I was staying which was on the Boulevard which runs parrallel to Jimmy's Beach if you work along the weed beds and gutters and the rock wall that is at the western end of the beach you are bound to land a flatty and its an absolutely a beautiful spot you pretty much have the beach to yourself.

Cheers

post-22694-031184400 1333748938_thumb.jpg

post-22694-082630800 1333748944_thumb.jpg

post-22694-027568500 1333748951_thumb.jpg

post-22694-018057800 1333748960_thumb.jpg

post-22694-042382300 1333748966_thumb.jpg

Congrats on your first fish! The bad news is, YOUR NOW HOOKED!! Hawks Nest and in particular Jimmy's Beach is just superb. Spent many a childhood morning doing just what you described. Brings back some grat memories. All the best.

Dave

Nice mate! Iv'e been fishing those waters for 12 years and they're pretty special if you know where to go. They're nice flatties you got there. Were the whiting on the bite at jimmy's?

Thanks for sharing the joy!

I had some of my best fishing there a few years back but it was on the other side along the Anchorage, near the park. The bream and dusk flattie I caught there remained my PBs.

The photo of the sunrise is lovely. got to try the beach next time!

Nice mate! Iv'e been fishing those waters for 12 years and they're pretty special if you know where to go. They're nice flatties you got there. Were the whiting on the bite at jimmy's?

They were catching whiting up the other end of the beach

Congrats on your first fish! The bad news is, YOUR NOW HOOKED!! Hawks Nest and in particular Jimmy's Beach is just superb. Spent many a childhood morning doing just what you described. Brings back some grat memories. All the best.

Dave

Yes your right I am hooked going out to buy some more gear this week and head out on the weekend, got any recomendations for catching some flatty's in Sydney at the moment