Narrabeen lakes

tasksta

Hi all

I don't normally post fishing reports but I know a lot of you fish the lakes regularly.

I have invested a LOT of time this summer into the lakes and it has finally paid off.

I can now quite reliably find the flatties and these two are my PB.

Have to admit it was not rocket science just stuck to the flatty 'rules' and put the time in.

Got them on 2 inch berkley grub in watermelon by far my most potent flatty SP.

Dropped a MUCH larger lady at my feet when she shook through my 6lb leader, doh!

Had a few blazing bream runs but spat my (too) large 3/0 hook.

As mentioned I have spent a lot of time here getting to know the lake.

Mostly Saturday mornings and Thursday arvos after work but atleast twice a week.

Have to say I am absolutely hooked on the lake, wading around with the sun rising or setting, just bliss!

Oh and I live in Concord so not close either.

I would be more than happy to offer advice on the lake but please respect spot 'X' as my own.

Even better would be to share some secrets as I would love to find some new land based SP spots in Sydney.

Took a drive to Roseville bridge after the lake today and it was like the first day at school, where do I start?

Anyway typing too much but feel free to PM me and would LOVE to learn more about Sydney land based SP locations.

cheers

Paul

post-18146-064572500 1333772348_thumb.jpg

Edited by tasksta

Hi all

I don't normally post fishing reports but I know a lot of you fish the lakes regularly.

I have invested a LOT of time this summer into the lakes and it has finally paid off.

Have to admit it was not rocket science just stuck to the flatty 'rules' and put the time in.

Dropped a MUCH larger lady at my feet when she shook through my 6lb leader, doh!

Mostly Saturday mornings and Thursday arvos after work but atleast twice a week.

Have to say I am absolutely hooked on the lake, wading around with the sun rising or setting, just bliss!

I would be more than happy to offer advice on the lake but please respect spot 'X' as my own.

Even better would be to share some secrets as I would love to find some new land based SP spots in Sydney.

Took a drive to Roseville bridge after the lake today and it was like the first day at school, where do I start?

Anyway typing too much but feel free to PM me and would LOVE to learn more about Sydney land based SP locations.

cheers

Paul

Great work and congrats on your new PB's

Didnt measure but the esky lid is 55cm. Would say 60ish, should clarify these are my PB for the lake only. :)

The one I dropped would have been 70+. Saw some huge flatty marks in the sand today even bigger.

Oh and the biggest I have ever seen in my life swam past me last week in the weeds, really did look like a croc and scared the crap out of me!

Sat about three feet away from me but I had a bloody surface lure on and wouldnt go near it. :(

Hi all

cheers

Paul

Nice mate! As far as Roseville goes, try between the main bridge and the oil thingy and you should pick up some good flatties. Both on SP and live poddies. Further upstream are some very promising bream and jew waters but they are frustrating to fish at times. Snagged a few nice bream (30cm range) today though. Its worth soaking a livie or fresh/live squid near the bridge at night too! Monster Bream and some VERY big jewies!

Congrats on the PB flatty

i saw reports somewhere i forgot but someone landed a metre long Flatty in Narrabean lake...released too but there is some monsters that way

i usually go around captain cook bridge or tom ugly's bridge...i've landed some nice flatty up that way...my PB would be (its a rough due to adrenaline landing it and didn't bring brag mat to measure) 80cm+

i'm landbased too...stick with your potent SP i use 6lb Nanofil with 6lb Fluoro...my fav SP would be 100mm Bloodworm Wriggler and 65 mm Slick rig in Silver fox....

Thanks all I do love the flatties!

Agree the bloodworm wrigglers are awesome but hard to get hold of with their popularity. Ain't had much luck with the squishy fish maybe it's my technique or lack of.

80cm that's a big girl, did you land that on 6lb??

yea landed the big girl 2nd January this year...got some help from another fisherman with the netting...could've done it myself but me being frantic i thought better ask some help as many fisherman there just gobsmacked with the sheer size...i got it on video so i'm wrapped....

i'll try to upload it here when i find out how...i've uploaded it to Facebook...i was using a 1500 size Rovex reel

Great thanks for the tips!

Excuse my ignorance but which side is the "oil thingy" and "upstream"? :)

What's the best way to access land based?

Thanks again, PM if the info is sensitive!

Hey mate, the "oil thingy" is the overhead pipe some 100m downstream from the bridge. When i say upstream i refer to all the water further upstream from the bridge (ie: opposite direction to overhead oil pipe). The water actually continues on all the way to Thornleigh apparently! Great flathead, bream and jewie waters up there. Some GIANT mullet too! When you say "whats the best way to access landbased" im not sure what you exactly mean. Just approach the bridge from the forestville side and take the exit just before bridge on your left hand side. This is probably the best side for fishing. You can access the other side but the only fishing there is off a small beach for bream, flathead, whiting and big yakkas on prawns etc... There are a few small rocky spots with thumper bream hanging for a lightly weighted SP though!

Good luck!

Edited by mack attack 79