Pittwater?

numbnuts

Hi guys, I have managed to scam an extra day off on Tuesday and would like to have a crack at fishing Pittwater. Problem is I dont know the area but have heard lots of comments about "the supermarket" cant find it on any maps.Can any one give me a tip on where it is and how to fish it? Thanx in advance.

Not sure what the "supermarket" is but i know pittwater pretty well. Unfortunately, fishing in pittwater has really died off in the last couple of years. Kings should still be around but you NEED LIVE SQUID in order to tempt them. The moorings of scotland island and clareville are great. My neverfail spot (Stokes Point) has slowed down a bit too. Until my last trip there (few weeks ago) i had always picke dup bream, flathead, tailor and had the odd livie taken by a salmon. Still worth a shot with live yakkas for flatties and maybe a jewie but not as good as it used to be. The stretch of water between Coasters Retreat (the basin) and Towlers Bay is deep and worth a crack for kingies, jewies, salmon, bonito and Bream. Live bait is best here but you can troll some lures too, especially for bonnies and tailor. West Head is the spot for yakkas' aswell as barrenjoey head. You get plenty of rat kings stalking the yakkas in these spots too! Squid can be caught at west head, mackerel beach, Taylors point and sometime within the basin. My one and only guess as to what the "supermarket" might be is the pittwater channel. It is the channel that runs through the entrance to pittwater. Loads of schools of pelagics (kings, bonnies, tunas, salmon) and a few flathead and flounder on the bottom. The reason i guess that this is the "supermarket" is because it is very crowded with fish (much like supermarkets with people)

Good luck, tom!

Hi guys, I have managed to scam an extra day off on Tuesday and would like to have a crack at fishing Pittwater. Problem is I dont know the area but have heard lots of comments about "the supermarket" cant find it on any maps.Can any one give me a tip on where it is and how to fish it? Thanx in advance.

Do you mean woolworths at narrabeen? :wacko:

Thanks Mack attack, very useful info. I heard from one of the pros that the bream have moved out to spawn now so they will be scarce and in poor shape when they do return none the less I will give it a crack and see what happens, got to be better than working anyway.