Tom Uglys 7/4/12

Dalucius

Geoff & I decided to take the boat out and headed to Georges River. It was a little windy but not too uncomfortable. As we launched at about 3.30pm others were just starting to head home.

We did a little cruising to give the boat a run as it hadn’t been in the water since our trip to Glenbawn in November 2011.

Chicken and mullet bait for today and Geoff had a few spins with a blade.

We decided to anchor and get comfortable near the bridge as night set in. We put our baits out and waited, and waited, and waited. Not a bite so Geoff decides to catch 40 winks and settled down under the bow. I’m just happy to sit and relax with the rocking of the boat in the wind.

Geoff woke and as we had no bites and no one around us seemed to be catching anything we decided to move.

The current had been ripping through and the tide was about to change.

We finally found some action on the sounder and decided to anchor there.

Not too long after that I had a peck, peck, peck so I decided to check my bait.

Disappointed, as I didn’t feel any resistance for about 5 winds and then a little weight hmm maybe a fish. Then nothing hmm must have been a bit of weed. Then a little tug and again nothing. As my hook got closer to the boat yes, a little resistance I had a fish.

Woohoo a nice bream on chicken my pb at 37cm. :biggrin2:

After that I caught another 35cm on the mullet again not hitting the bait and resisting like a bream normally would.

Oh yeah, Geoff caught a flatty 43 cm.

As quick as they started to bite they disappeared.

post-1141-046156900 1333959342_thumb.jpg

nice pair of bream hows the colour differences nice meals too got one cooking in the pan now

mick

I wondered about the colours too. They were caught at the same location. They must have been just passing through.

Edited by Dalucius