Parra River

After a failed attempt on Sunday due to flat battery got out on the Parra on Monday. 1st up went for a long run to charge the battery down east of the bridge. Hoping for some pelagic action but nothing doing. Had a go in Rusccutters and Double bay but apart from a folow, a legal and a dusting pretty quiet. The spot i got the dusting I think I will have to go back with heavier gear, just was not enough room to play softly softly with straight through flurocarbon.

Headed back up into the middle reaches of the Parra and I wanted to fish new spots I had not fished before. Spotted some structure and gave it a crack and got a legal fish. Looked around for anything similar and had a few hits but no hook ups. By now I was coming up to rocky bank which had wash, current and wind pushing onto it. Not much structure but hey worth a shot. Well the fish were holding on it even if I didn't think it looked that good, and after 2 drifts 36,35 and 38cm fork plus bram a couple of legals and rats. Easily best window of action I have had on the Parra.

Headed up river to road and Rail bridges. Couple of sub legals and an absolute smoking and I had enough and headed to the ramp. Had a last cast at a spot I used to fish from my canoe and got 1 more good fish in mid 30's (did not measure this one) and left a happy man.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah using hard bodies Atomic deep cranks. Using the fluro straight through doesn't suit every situation but is something you have to try.

It was a great session considering I don't like or am spooked of fishing some of my favourite spots close to a full moon.

Cheers Dave.

ps Poddy Trapper how is the Sratos treating u after owning it for a while, or are u still in the honeymoon phase.

ps Poddy Trapper how is the Stratos treating u after owning it for a while, or are u still in the honeymoon phase.

Still in love....noticed there is one other for sale in melbourne the other day...she's almost due for her first service....its not the boat for everyone but suits me to a tee - excellent estuary fishing boat and really good for pulling wakeboarders and biscuits too with the family....gets much more of fishing work out than skiing....thanks for asking though...