Minn Kota On Quintrex 540

Nolongeramember

Im looking at upgrading to a Quintrex 540 Coastrunner in the near future and would like to fit up my 80LB Minn Kota with Co-pilot to it some how. The problem Im thinking is its too high on the bow from the water level for the shaft to reach the water effectively.

I have a low, flat bottomed boat at the moment and I am just reaching the water properly with the 54" shaft Minn Kota, so with the bigger 540 size boat it just isnt going to reach. It may just reach the water level, but the smallest rock of the boat and the propellor will be out of the water.

What options do I have because I dont think I can live without the electric? Maybe I can fit it to the rear of the boat somehow? Any other ideas?

Im looking at upgrading to a Quintrex 540 Coastrunner in the near future and would like to fit up my 80LB Minn Kota with Co-pilot to it some how. The problem Im thinking is its too high on the bow from the water level for the shaft to reach the water effectively.

I have a low, flat bottomed boat at the moment and I am just reaching the water properly with the 54" shaft Minn Kota, so with the bigger 540 size boat it just isnt going to reach. It may just reach the water level, but the smallest rock of the boat and the propellor will be out of the water.

What options do I have because I dont think I can live without the electric? Maybe I can fit it to the rear of the boat somehow? Any other ideas?

Mate just get a 80lb or 100lb MK with a 60inch shaft...

It might be special order unit locally or you can import one from the states and save yourself a few hundred dollars.

The 100lb MK are 36v !!!

Cheers

Trung

Hi, you can get the 80Lb in 60 inch shaft but the bigger problem on any runabout is there is not enough deck room to allow the M/K to be in the up position due to hitting the windscreen. IF you really wanted a M/K and the I-Pilot is very cool we can get Telwater to fit the M/K bracket from the factory and to travel on the water or road you would just have to remove the M/K and put in the boat and then fit once you get to where you are going to use it.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, yes we have fitted the AV plate mounted Minn Kota but they do not work as well when asked to push around a boat compared to pulling it around and no stern mount M/K come with the unbeatable I-Pilot technology that is worth having for the many cool features.

Cheers,

Huey.