Snapper and drummer off the stones

funnierthanu

With the boat stuck behind the work trailer and full of crap ( another job that can wait ) i decided to hit the rocks with a mate for a quick early fish .The tide was a good sized high at 10 so the plan was to fish early and be home by lunch to have a fresh fish bbq with the family .We hit the rocks at 7 and fist cast resulted in a good size drummer .The next 4 were bust offs and when this happens the fish usually shut down . For the next 30 mins all we could get was sweep and wrasse.We were starting to worry that we had blown our chance with the earlier bustoffs . I had to do something so i weht down to the 4.5kg line and it worked .We were into the fish again . I scored 5 in 5 casts and my mate got 3 in 6 casts . Next thing i knew my mate is yelling that hes onto a big drummer , i call it a big silver and he agrees but the fish goes high and he gets some line back. Then it heads straight for us and he guides it straight up the rocks and we look at this awsome 3kg snapper . We fished for the next hr getting our bag of drummer and headed home for the barbie .Love it when a plan comes together , its even better when your mate gets a trophy fish of the rocks .post-9468-070627500 1334052098_thumb.jpg

Hey funny,

you're a real freak of nature.

I mean that in a good way...

A good freak...

No wonder you win so many comps.

You''re the doctor dolittle of fishing.

I swear you must have a lateral line on your back....

or maybe like Kevin Costner in waterworld - part lung, part gill.......

I think that catch deserves a fruit basket prize...

Tony

Nice Bag!

What bait did the damage? did you fish in Sydney?

Only prawns mate and down south

Buddy nice catch! What bait were you using?, where bouts was this, safe area or was it rough as and dangerous?

I only fish safe spots , there was a good swell running too.

Hey funny,

you're a real freak of nature.

I mean that in a good way...

A good freak...

No wonder you win so many comps.

You''re the doctor dolittle of fishing.

I swear you must have a lateral line on your back....

or maybe like Kevin Costner in waterworld - part lung, part gill.......

I think that catch deserves a fruit basket prize...

Tony

Ah Tony , you da man with a million words , the fruit basket is this weekend , i will ring you to see how ya going .