Bris water or Lake Mac

Swaz

Hi raiders,

Have entered the Pirtek Fishing Challenge for this Sunday (15/4/12)

Will be fishing from a 4.8mtr Baymaster boat and am torn between Brisbane Water or Lake Macquarie.

Anyone have an opinion either way. Chasing the bread and butter fish (bream, flatties, whiting etc.)Have had 4 outings so far in the lake and got zero each time! SO confidence is low there! Also never crossed a bar before, let alone that bar! So going outside is a bit daunting. Where as Ettalong 'bar' I have been across.

Would LOVE to get a bonito or salmon or something though.

Hi raiders,

Have entered the Pirtek Fishing Challenge for this Sunday (15/4/12)

Will be fishing from a 4.8mtr Baymaster boat and am torn between Brisbane Water or Lake Macquarie.

Anyone have an opinion either way. Chasing the bread and butter fish (bream, flatties, whiting etc.)Have had 4 outings so far in the lake and got zero each time! SO confidence is low there! Also never crossed a bar before, let alone that bar! So going outside is a bit daunting. Where as Ettalong 'bar' I have been across.

Would LOVE to get a bonito or salmon or something though.

apparently the entrance has been going off lately with bream and flathead though not to sure, but i would probably fish lake macquarie if i had to pick between both. Thats just my 2 cent so goodluck

apparently the entrance has been going off lately with bream and flathead though not to sure, but i would probably fish lake macquarie if i had to pick between both. Thats just my 2 cent so goodluck

Fished all day there on Sunday and got a 10cm bream, beginning to think I am cursed!

Done well from the land there though... maybe it's the boat.

try out brisbane waters before the challenge if you have time to get out?

I wish I did! Seems like it will be small seas and no wind early Sunday so heading outside could be on the cards from either Ettalong to Swansea.

Still undecided! I also figure there will be LOTS of people out on the lake on this day. Don't like crowds!

If you go Brisbane waters, try some plastics in Paddy's channel and along the Saratoga shoreline (if you're going up around there). Bloodworm wrigglers, powerbait 3inch minnows, squidgy shads all work pretty well on 1/32-1/8 heads.

I was going to enter the comp, but I was too late... Good luck!