syd harbour 11th

hooklineandsinker

hey raiders

picked up some poddy mullet earlier on the prior the going out that night to use as livies

hit the spot late like 9.30pm the weather was on and off with showers during my stay but at 11pm one off the rods goes off had it set to bait runner gave it a moment or too turn and im on i thought it was a jew at first as it did short runs but no head shakes then i was clueless till i saw colour you beauty it was a legal snapper my first ever at 36cm post-9942-029580600 1334295691_thumb.jpg i was chuffed im eating it tonight hummo .

the night progressed with the livies not being touched they were big poddys at 13cms or so knocked one on the head and took at fillet off him at the end off my stay and belted him in to the distance

checked this bait it was still there whacked it out again as i was packing up then she goes off again she run under light drag for about ten metres then stopped i thought i lost it turns out it ran for cover in weed i just waited could feel it pulseing through the line 1min later shes out and coming towards me turns out to be a nice bream didnt fight like most bream at 38cm heres a picpost-9942-065604300 1334296137_thumb.jpg cleaned the fish and made the long trek home

cheers

mick

Dory persevere with the trap... In some places u can literally get them feeding at ur feet and jUst scoop them up. What sort of trap are u using?? If it's tabbies trap style don't bother with it a 2L coke bottle with the neck cut off and turned around works in a pinch

hey nathan no luck on jews have been trying to stay away from the masses i had fished the spot you showed me for runs but no hook ups was my fault really havent been to that spot in months now maybe 3

got a boat too but got dudded gearbox faulty a heap of stuff has happened since we last fished together but i wont go into detail good to hear from you

also did you let your boat go while looking for outboards i came a cross and ad

cheers mick

Edited by hooklineandsinker

Hi Mike,

Hows the Family???

I have a colleague of mine that I introduced to the spot and he has fished it here and there and has not had much luck either,

I have gotten slack when it comes to fishing have been tied up with wife and daughter and renovations etc, its all coming together but the problem is once I have finished my weeks work I cant really be bothered taking the boat out especially due to the fact I have to travel so far and enjoy a land-based fish much more because you can set-up / Pack-up very easy.

I am planning to let the Boat go but it depends how much I get offered, its a shame you bought a boat that needs work but if its just a lower unit you need then its worth while providing you can find one.

There are a few outboard wreckers around see what you can find.

if you need a hand with anything let me know, I am more than glad to assist.

Regards,

Nathan

I will get another boat eventually but something lighter and probably a open tinny when My daughter gets older so she can come out with me and enjoy it also.