favourite reel in your arsenal

hooklineandsinker

Isnt it amazing how not a single reel was double up by members hana

Mine would be thunk us ci4 4000 and a twin power FC 1000 both these reels together cover almost all Sydney fishing excluding offshore throw them on a different rod and it can do from each tailor jewwies kingfish squid bream flathead

My old Stadic FG 2500 (the white and gold one) is my fav, she's caught everything, bream, flatties, squid, horsies, whiting, snapper. Just keeps on going.. :thumbup:

Edited by Ray R

ABU 10000 automatic 2 speed around 20 yrs old.

I've dropped it in sand, had it covered in salt, been soaked under water in flood mud & fished it to the max on upgraded drag on big kings & amberjacks.

I'm very sad though! :1badmood: It's just had another Slinky makeover & he tells' me the gears are shot & I have bent something! They don't make the gearing for them anymore. :thumbdown:

I'll try to blow it up on a big king though & see what happens. I have caught sooo many different, big cranky fish on that reel it is ridiculous!

Casts a big bait off the beach & stones & is equally at home offshore. It will be sad to see her go & no other reel will ever be handle what she's been through! :1yikes:

Cheers,

Grant.

My 2nd favourite is a stella 4000 fe. For sydney waters its the bomb. Used for squiding, kings and on a different rod even bream. Smooth reliable and light and easy to use. My favourite funnily enough is one i bought about 6 years back when i got back into fishing. Shimano sienna 4000. The gold and silver one. Caught 90+ cm jew,barra and etc. still going strong but it gets looked after. Would recommend this reel to anyone on a budget.

My Branzino's would be my fav. Loaded with 30lb Branzino Braid(thinnest 30lb IGFA rated line out there) Awesome on the snappers, jews Milkfish and barra's. Hope NEXT month I can get a sail on one! :biggrin2: