Lowarance X-125 Transducer Clicking...

Dan A

Heyas,

I have a Lowrance X-125, have had it for a few months and it has been brought to my attention that it is probably not supposed to ticking like it has been.

The transducer is transom mounted on a plate, but there is a sound coming out like...click....click....click....sounds like it goes each time the beam sends out a pulse..is this normal..or have I faulty transducer/sounder?

Thanks.

Guest Jocool
not supposed to ticking like it has been.

56179[/snapback]

RUN....Could be ready to explode! :074:

Nah its all good Dan. My does it occasionally, but like Bashir said, it is normal.

Guest hottuna
Ahh ok Great, thats good to know..thanks guys.

56184[/snapback]

BUT WAIT....... mine only started doing it when the cable was accidently cut! I zip tied the cable under the gunnel all the way along the port side and used the ends of the rod holders as anchor points for the zip ties, as it happened when using my inter 30tw in that rod holder, the gimble of the rod actually began to cutting the transducer cable i only realised this due the CLICKING NOISE. Got it repaired it was fine for a little while then begain clicking again thus pointing me in that direction and sure enough the "spark" making the clicking noise was easily viewed jumping across the 4mm break in the cable.

If i was you id be looking along the lenght of the cable to a split.

Got rid of that sounder and now purchased a much stronger unit and unlike others here theres no more noise. Tricky!

Dan

I have the X-85 and get the same clicking noise sometimes. From my observation it seems like when i am in different water depths and different bottoms. It happens most noticibly in shallow water (less than 20ft) with a hard bottom (rocks, oystres etc). It also seem more frequent if the water is dirty.

LW

I have the X-85 and get the same clicking noise sometimes. From my observation it seems like when i am in different water depths and different bottoms. It happens most noticibly in shallow water (less than 20ft) with a hard bottom (rocks, oystres etc). It also seem more frequent if the water is dirty.

LW

56377[/snapback]

hmm...I unscrewed it last night from the sternplate and the clicking was considerably softer...ill have to take note at different depths next time I am out.

All my sounders have clicked in shallow water, especially if it's dirty. The clicking will scare fish away in shallow/stealthy situations. If you need to keep the souned turned on set the chart speed to the slowest setting, it will reduce the quality of the picture but will greatly increase the time between clicks.

We had huge problems with sounder clicks at Sussex Inlet on the weekend due to all the sediment in the water, but because we were in shallow water with the odd rock and about 30cm visability underwater we had to leave one sounder on to avoid hitting anything. We turned the chart speed right down on my Garmin and got the clicks down to about once every 3 seconds and it didn't seem to put the fish off too much.

56559[/snapback]

Maybe it is the dirty water then...as the noise seemed to be much more pronounced, when i got the boat home i turned the sounder on again and it was only a very slight ticking that could be heard, also in clear water you don't really notice it...swoffa you may have hit the nail on the head...guess ill find out next time i get out there as it should be clearer water by then.

Thanks.

Edited by Dan A

Guest hottuna
dan i have a new x135 and it clicks all the time ,specially when its on the garage sounding the concrete  :074:

57425[/snapback]

Ive read the worst thing you can do is have your sounder on when its not in the water.

dan