Solid harbour kings on fly.

mgj

Went inside and outside the Harbour on Friday and Saturday.Found kingies in a number of spots

and landed a few.Some of them were competing for the fly.I had one to the boat which looked around

90 cm,but it spat the hook while I grabbed the net.

Mark

post-2678-030603500 1334455416_thumb.jpg

post-2678-057936700 1334455515_thumb.jpg

nice mate think i seen you at the cakes on sat just before midday. I couldnt get any livies there or at clifton and didnt seem to want to be tempted with any lures.

Edited by tba003

Guest Elite Fishing Tackle

Awesome fish on fly Mark!

I was down in Sydney Harbour a few weeks ago with the guys from trailerboat magazine.

Had some solid fish follow an EP Squid fly on my #11 sage, but I just couldnt get them to eat!

Thats a pretty solid fish on fly, bet he went hard!

Stew

Many ways to catch kingies-fly is just one of them.Rob I have a few hundred metres of braid as my backing.

after the flyline.

Stewy,it sounds like you are well on your way with the fly.I'm always happy to help with advice if I'm able to give it.

Stew,kings as we all know can be finicky-you will get them with persistence.

Mark.

Good to see a raider on the water at the 'cake.

PS Just to show what is possible on fly-this was the biggest kingie that I landed on fly in NZ last year.The

first few runs were something to experience!

post-2678-055338000 1334480862_thumb.jpg

Edited by mgj

Nice work as always Mark :thumbup: :thumbup: . Greg and Kelly were out yesterday all they got were rats but still fun for her, not so much for Greg. His heading out again tonight.

Dan

Dan,

Good luck to Greg-he will clean up as usual I'm sure.

Mark

Edited by mgj

your an absolute legend, this is exactly the type of fishing i want to get into.

i wouldnt be suprised if that blood was yours that NZ king is a bruiser! lol

Those NZ kings are special-all kings are special and tough.I released that one and it swam away strongly.

Mark

Dan,

Good luck to Greg-he will clean up as usual I'm sure.

Mark

You were right mate with the exception of the quality of fish Mark. Greg got 7 rats, 2 bust offs, one legal at 68cm, and some big tailor (50-60cm). Pity the tailor werent abit smaller as he probably wanted to live bait one of them for a jewie with all the rain we have had. Interesting point thou it was mainly the yakkas and stripped up tailor that did most of the damage on the kings, the squid got pecked to death until he started putting them down whole, not a good return a rat=whole squid.

Dan