Last couple of weeks

brendong

Took a couple of mates out today in the bay to teach them how to fish plastics. They picked it up very quickly and we probably managed 15 fish most flatty's the best to 65cm. I think they were a little stunned to see a croc this big in real life and not just hear me talking about them. Great way to spend the day with some mates...I think I've converted them to placcy's too.

Lots of boats out for the Pirteck, we weren't in it but I did have a couple of guys cruise straight over the intended drift line about 10 meter in from of me :thumbdown::thumbdown:

All fish released today...

post-4925-050627600 1334457548_thumb.jpg

Over the Easter break we snuck down the south coast and found a few. Like Hodgey said a little tough going due to the amount of fresh the south coast has had. Still managed a few. The best being a 38cm bream on a top dog pencil...she went like the clappers.

post-4925-083335600 1334457937_thumb.jpg

We also managed a few flatty's and a cracking mullet that was 40cm plus...I keep forgeting how hard they go...wish you could target them on placcy's or poppers....

post-4925-051011800 1334457956_thumb.jpg

post-4925-011433300 1334457978_thumb.jpg

post-4925-061362000 1334458002_thumb.jpg

Good times, Good times!!!!

Edited by Poddy Trapper

Hey poddy

well done with the flatties.. Pretty sure we saw you out there today. Were you fishing the mouth of wooloware??

The bream is a horse. Imo any fish take. Off surface fight 10x harder.. Another reason why its so addictive.

Hi Poddy, great lizard mate......wish I caught that yesterday for the Pirtek :biggrin2: . Bassboy and I thought about coming over for a chat when you were at the entrance of Wooloware, but decided we had better concentrate on the competition. Next time we see you we will duck over to say hi.

Yep next time cruise on over for sure I'll keep an eye out for you guys too...could have slipped you the lizard or perhaps released and low and behold you netted it...LOL not really in the spirit I guess.

Cracker session Poddy! Good to see you converted some mates onto lures! With your nickname, don't forget the livies!

Thanks mate....funny I choose my Nickname then started chucking plastics straight away and haven't really looked back...I do get a few every now amd then and soak a couple if i take the missus out and I've taught my boys how to catchem too...Noticed you had a redhot session the other day using poddies, well done...