Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished the deep off Lilli Pilli early. 3 tailor to 41cm and 2 reddies to 38cm. Plenty of smaller reddies down to about 10cm. By sunup, the fish were gone.

Released a jewie about as big as the biggest tailor, and 3 red gurnard not of any great size.

No surface action to be seen.

Tried a couple of spots up South West Arm for squid, but not a touch.

Yowie.

Fished the deep off Lilli Pilli early. 3 tailor to 41cm and 2 reddies to 38cm. Plenty of smaller reddies down to about 10cm. By sunup, the fish were gone.

Released a jewie about as big as the biggest tailor, and 3 red gurnard not of any great size.

Yowie.

good report, i also didnt have any luck with the squid wonder why

Yowie.

Got some squid near Shiprock today, they were down deep with the change of tide.

Otherwise, I'm trying to hone my soft plastic skills, so I only managed one legal flathead in about four hours worth of fishing. Plenty of tiddlers to throw back, though.

Some nice fish there welldone :thumbup:

Unusual that there is no squid,they should be coming in numbers now, ill have a go tommorrow maybe and see what i can get.

At this time of year, I normally can pull out a large squid or 2, which are frozen for bait. Have not seen one in the usual spots since last year.

Probably not helped by the family with the large boat moored up the Arm, complete with barking dog and a jet ski for the little brats to roar around close to the shoreline.

there are squid of the rocks at cronulla around shark island, point and the some of the breaks south of the shark island

Copy that, might have a look out there when the weather settles.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi newbie, when is the best time to get them at that spot,

is it affected much from swells ?

paul.

there are squid of the rocks at cronulla around shark island, point and the some of the breaks south of the shark island

Time of day hasn't effected me. I've done no fishing in the middle of the day though and only ever tried when the swells have been very small. Jig sizes 2.5 up to 4.0 there were some big buggers around the time off my last post don't know about now haven't been out.