weekend. Bay and Hacking

Plumb

Hi all, just a quick report form the weekend

Fished the Bay on sat night with the boys for ZIP... tried both bridges, the container wharf and the sand in front of the sailing club. Cooked up some sausages and got to catch up with my mates... :1gathering:

Fished on Sunday with my brothers for the pirtek challenge. Put in at Grays point at 6, tried for some livies and squid for about 40 min for two sweep... the sweep went back. Trolled some skirts to Garie looking for some Taylor for 4 bonito, fished the humps in 40 meters for two morwong, fished the sand off Stanwell park for about 50 under sized flathead and 4 legal ranging from 44cm to 53 cm, ( no chance of winning but entered for the mystery length...) headed home around lunch time.

Kept the morwong, 1st time I’ve eaten them and I wasn’t overly impressed,

Released the flathead

Used the bonito as bait.

and all in some of the best conditions i can remember :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

post-7305-037855800 1334554580_thumb.jpgpost-7305-073709700 1334554633_thumb.jpgpost-7305-056746600 1334554680_thumb.jpg

Cheers Luke

I would have used the Morwong for bait & eaten the Bonito. They are one of the nicest fish either raw or fillets on the bbq with olive oil , salt & pepper.

At least you got out . Ive just started rennos on the house with 12 weeks until the baby is due . I am getting jealous of anyone who is out at the moment .

Adam

I would have used the Morwong for bait & eaten the Bonito. They are one of the nicest fish either raw or fillets on the bbq with olive oil , salt & pepper.

At least you got out . Ive just started rennos on the house with 12 weeks until the baby is due . I am getting jealous of anyone who is out at the moment .

Adam

year I think I'll try the Bonnie's next time. Forgot to mention I also got a nice leather jacket while picking up the fatties. Now theres a good table fish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mowies taste like crap, would not eat one again.

Sold in the fish shops as deep sea bream. :thumbdown:

The flatties caught outside are usually very good eating.

Edited by yowie

Good catches mate.. That's a serious rod you got the mowie on :biggrin2: .

thats my bros tld 25 on a back bone great to troll out then bash the deep, If you think thats serious i got the smallest Bonnie on a tld 50... It's my new toy hopefully for tuna, but was my 1st opportunity to give it a run. It Was like reeling is a 10 cm yacka....

Cheers Luke

Hi Plumb,

Did you scrape out the black lining in the gut of the mowie? That gives them a bitter taste.

Dave.

year I did, wasn't bitter just not my cup of tea.