Pirtek wash-up

Hodgey

G'day all

We had a great day for the challenge and Dene and I had a ball. Whilst I couldn't find a fish over 65cm Dene landed a couple of very nice fish. Z man and squidgy lures were the most successful for us on the day, all fished on 1/4 oz jigheads. Color didn't seem to matter much, as long as you fished out of the current and located the bait. We missed out on the money again this year but it was an extremely enjoyable day on the water with my old mate, with the usual banter and mischief. Congrats, Deno! :thumbup:

68cm

post-3198-009735800 1334612517_thumb.jpg

post-3198-085930500 1334612550_thumb.jpg

post-3198-023004800 1334612574_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Hodgey

We missed out on the money again this year but it was an extremely enjoyable day on the water with my old mate, with the usual banter and mischief. Congrats, Deno! :thumbup:

post-3198-023004800 1334612574_thumb.jpg

good to hear you enjoyed it, and I love the colours on that flatty :)

Nice flattie, you out did us as well best we managed was 51.5cm but had a frustrating day as we hooked up on some heavy fish that managed to spit the hook close to the boat.

One thing though, i wasn't overly impressed with the mat as they say you HAVE to line the fish up with the '0' mark on the mat. There was no 0 mark, and i cant really tell from your photo if your mat was the same, but the black lines started slightly in from the end of the mat and that is where 0 was, not the edge of the mat (i even used a ruler to check it lol) so my photo has the fish lined up with that first black line and not the edge of the mat. I think its pretty badly setup since they say there is no tolerance for incorrect photos and 0 isn't even clearly marked.

Also how do you know you missed out on the money?

Edited by renegade40d

Nice flattie, you out did us as well best we managed was 51.5cm but had a frustrating day as we hooked up on some heavy fish that managed to spit the hook close to the boat.

One thing though, i wasn't overly impressed with the mat as they say you HAVE to line the fish up with the '0' mark on the mat. There was no 0 mark, and i cant really tell from your photo if your mat was the same, but the black lines started slightly in from the end of the mat and that is where 0 was, not the edge of the mat (i even used a ruler to check it lol) so my photo has the fish lined up with that first black line and not the edge of the mat. I think its pretty badly setup since they say there is no tolerance for incorrect photos and 0 isn't even clearly marked.

Also how do you know you missed out on the money?

We had the same experience.....first cast of the morning I hooked a 80cm + croc and dropped it as it was being netted. :1badmood: We were only able to get a couple of 50cm flatties after that miss. It was a good day out though and will submit a post shortly.

We had the same experience.....first cast of the morning I hooked a 80cm + croc and dropped it as it was being netted. :1badmood: We were only able to get a couple of 50cm flatties after that miss. It was a good day out though and will submit a post shortly.

Yeah it can be heart breaking but that's fishing. And dont worry we always have 2 bait runners in the water while we are drifting and flicking soft plastics, my brother had a big hit on his and he had left his drag on to tight after getting snagged the previous drift, fish still managed to pull line before it spat the hook. The up side is we managed to mind a few new drifts that really produced some fish and a lot of hits. Which was very nice after the last few disappointing trips, constantly learning where to fish and what seems to work so yeah.

NICE fish there, Hodgey!! Bet Deno was happy with the jewie, too!! Well done! I was land locked so will have to wait til next year. Mind you, given my previous efforts, I didn't miss much 074.gif

cheerio

Roberta