okuma v system v80sa

imgoin

Hi all just wondering if anyone has one of these reels and if so what do you think of them.How do they compare to the salina reels i cant seem to find much info on them. It seems to me that there isnt much diffrence from the two except for the number of ball bearings and i cant seem to find the max drag rating of the v systems. Any help would be more than appreciated

• 1 month later...

Both are fantastic reels! The V-system can handle just about anything you throw at it. The biggest size is ideal for GT Popping, Heavy Trolling for Tuna, Mackerel, Kings etc and even Marlin. The salina is also perfect for those things. In the end it comes down to which you prefer i guess

If you have the patience and time. Save up and get a stella or a saltiga. You won't regret it.

some people would beg to differ....

To service a saltiga or stella would cost the same as purchasing a Salina which by the way comes with a lifetime warranty..... And from my own expirience can tell you they perform flawlessly....

Fishingphase

my salina 2 is s##t, have replaced all the bearings, line roller replaced after it cracked, the "forged" handle shaft is bent, screws coming loose.... and that was all after one good fish. oh and because its okuma corrosion everywhere. Okuma aren't bad for the price, but i would rather spend the little bit more, as i have other reels that have copped more abuse and are still going strong.

If you have the patience and time. Save up and get a stella or a saltiga. You won't regret it.

I was at my local store & guy had returned his salina II for warranty

repairs for the third time.

So I would say "If you have the time & patience" buy a Salina

cheers

zed