Sydney Today

finin

Gday all, well the rain hasnt done anyone any favours, water through the harbour varied from olive green to poo brown. Spoke to an old fella at Thames Wharf Balmain and he pulled out of his bucket two cracker bream probably just on a kilo. Not very many boats out either although noticed a few around the northern wedding cake off Watsons Bay.

Fog was heavy around 400am but visibility cleared to around 400m as the morning wore on, once past the heads fog had diminished and looked spectacular falling over the cliffs at Nth Head down to Bluefish. Greeted by a lovelly Ground swell from the sse at 2-3m and about 6 secs between, Wind was extremely light but by 700am had picked about to just under 10kn. Headed out to the 100m mark and found plenty of fish on the sounder but bugger all takers. Drift was at about .7kn and to the east, but very hard to hold bottom. Right on the high tide as usual wind picked up to 15kn from the sw and introduced a 1/2m wind chop to add to the ground swell which didnt make things easy, would of hated to be out in anything under 6m. Water temps varied from 21.9 up to 23.9 but water still green although warm through the column as sinkers were coming up warm.

Headed into 60 m but found toads and a drift change heading dead nth still at about 1/2 a kn. Very quiet on the fishing side but if your after a feed of jackets plenty still out there. Wind was still up so decided to head in a holding the bottom was still a problem Moved into around 45m off the heads and found some great mowies and the wind starting to die down, no flatties at all but some really nice plate size snapper there.

Out again tomorrow expecting the same conditions but less swell.

mate i always read your posts regarding sydney there a good heads up as to whats happening i was going wide tomorrow but think i'll give the panys a go instead with a shark session after 9.00am just to clean out the freezer

thanks for the regular reports there full off all the info i need cheers gary

Great report! It was much the same on Friday, still very brown even just inside the heads. 3m swell gets a bit heavy but there are still some pockets of kings around, with plenty of follows to the surface. Will be heading out tomorrow to do it all again too. Enjoy

We went out on saturday as well, first time I could not pick up any Yakkas at the usual spot. I am guessing due to the colour of the water. Then we trolled over to North Head for nothing and stopped at Old Mans Hat around 7am for three hours. Fishing the bottom with bait and flicking softplasitics.... Only thing we managed was a Rock Cod and a juvinile Snapper (both throwbacks)...... better luck next time, which might be a while away as Roseville ramp is closing for 6 weeks. :thumbdown: