Glow Sticks

Kirst1583

Hi all. Hope I'm posting this in the right place! Just wanting advice on how to rig up my line with a glow stick (for night fishing)? I dont want it on the rod tip.. Would really prefer it on my line. I've used them in the past by attaching to my float, however if I'm not using a float I have no idea how to do it.

Any help would be most appreciated!!!

Hi all. Hope I'm posting this in the right place! Just wanting advice on how to rig up my line with a glow stick (for night fishing)? I dont want it on the rod tip.. Would really prefer it on my line. I've used them in the past by attaching to my float, however if I'm not using a float I have no idea how to do it.

I hear what you're saying about not wanting to put it on your rod tip, I tried it a couple of times and didn't like having to manipulate the to clip it on, so here's the solution...

Clear sticky tape it to the tip, works a treat.

Fishingphase

you gotta tell us what the purpose you want to use it for is?

to see bites OR attract bites?

Hi Kirst,

Use the transparentplastic tube which comes in the pack of the glow stick, insert the leader intothe tube then insert the glow stick into the tube so the tube will hold theleader and the glow stick together.

Hope thishelp.

Let us knowhow you go with it.

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks for all the input. Sorry, didn't really think of mentioning the purpose I want it for!

It's not really as an attractant.. More just to get an idea of where my line is. I find I snag more at night cos I can't see what I'm doing

Thanks for all the input. Sorry, didn't really think of mentioning the purpose I want it for!

It's not really as an attractant.. More just to get an idea of where my line is. I find I snag more at night cos I can't see what I'm doing

just buy a small float, drill a small hole in it, stick in the glow stick.

have the float running freely on your main line. this will do 2 things:

1. you can see where your line hits the surface of the water

2. having a running float helps to lift your rig as your reeling it in to avoid any snags on the bottom.