PB Luderick

JET01

I was lucky enough to have the day off after Anzac so made sure we got a fish in.

Had a flick around my favourite squid spot which is still recovering from the recent rain and swell. I caught one squid which went straight into the freezer for next weekends fishing comp down at Bawley Point.

After a quiet morning me and a mate threw our rods in the boot to head out for my first ever rock fishing sessions.

I've been doing a fair bit of reading about blackfishing and have started to get some specific gear for it.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to find an Alvey 45BC anywhere in Sydney so had to use my 2500 Ci4 for the session.

My mate took me to a spot that he hasn't been to for years. We only had 2 hours to fish so we quickly gathered some weed and mixed it up in the bucket with some sand for burley. The wind was about 15-20knots out of the south east and I ended up getting massive birds nest in my reel. After sorting that out I fished for about 15mins before getting snagged on a submerged rock. As I was re-rigging my mate had a hook up, but the hooks pulled. A good sign the burley was starting to work. As I tied my last knot he was on again, this time landing a health blackfish. I grabbed a handful of burley out of the bucket put my cast in and followed it up with the burley.

DOWN! One, two, three, lift! I'm on. After making a host of amateur errors, I somehow managed to land this fish on the rocks. I was so excited I didn't bother having another cast as I had caught enough for dinner and we had to leave. We cleaned up the fish on the rocks. I noticed I'd left my fishruler at home so the drive home felt longer than usual as I really wanted to know how long my new PB was (previously 37cm).

43cm of Luderick.... PUMPED to say the least. It went down a treat with some steamed veges and a little tartare. I was even more surprised to realise that I was only 3.5cm off the fishraider record.

Can't wait to get back out on the rocks for some more blackfish action.

post-12306-039204100 1335507163_thumb.jpg

Well done there Jet! We fishoed Anzac Day off the stones for a bag of 10 and twice as many released or dropped they are really thick off the Eastern suburbs and Cronulla rocks right now but the seas are very unpredictable at the moment a classic being Tuesday it was up and Wednsday it was perfect so I recommend know your spots limits and keep an eye on the weather forecasts. If your after an alvey get a 475 with the stainlessback and sidecast bullet proof!

May see you out there! Look out for a guy wit ha Yellow sportex black Trudex Reel and tan felt hat!