Late Anzac day report

clemsy

Hi raiders,

Headed out on Anzac day to my usual place in kogarah bay at 7am. Nice, calm and cold. Thought I might use a surface to start the day and managed a lot of baby tailor, not much in fighting but great fun to see them take the lure. Worked along the edge, just walking up and down, working the lure. I switched to a ecogear hardbody lure and didn't have much luck, this was by 9am and people hard started coming in to fish and it was getting crowded. So I went to my spot x and worked the ecogear lure and just kept casting and working it back on a slow retrieve in different spots.

On one of the casts as I was retrieving it back close to me. I got a take, a VERY nice take. It hit hard but didn't run very far, after about a minute u brought it back closer and saw some colour. It was a very big bream! My biggest yet!! It took another 5 minutes for me to get it up. Even though it was swimming right in front of me, it was still green. Once I got it on land, I measured it to be 38cm!! I was so happy, the size of it was just out of this world. I took a couple of pictures and released it.

Great day, after that the wind picked up and got too much so I headed home.

post-19359-010771700 1335591114_thumb.jpg

Edited by clemzii