Line evolution?

hambo692

Hey everyone

I'm doing this project on lines, and I've got all my results, but still got the hard bit to go... I was wondering if any of you could help me out by providing me with some information about the history/evolution of lines? Nylon monos were introduced in 1939 apparently, but what was used before then? Some sites say Dacron, but other sites say Dacron wasn't invented until the '50s... If anyone has some info or links or anything it would be great.

Thanks

Hamish

There was a series of different material used in the early days, I found you this link on the internet, and hopefully it will provide some sort of a guidline.

Fishing Line History

Thanks, I actually opened that tab a few hours ago but missed it when I was reading... They say that nylon was not invented until 1954, whereas the DuPont site says 1939 :wacko: I might just have to choose one site and follow its version.

Thanks, I actually opened that tab a few hours ago but missed it when I was reading... They say that nylon was not invented until 1954, whereas the DuPont site says 1939 :wacko: I might just have to choose one site and follow its version.

I'd go with the earlier date, as the guys who said 1954 might not have been aware it was around 15 years earlier, or you could just state both and where they came from and give your own personal opinion and why based on other data you've gathered.

Fishingphase