Search for a mentor

ffallcve

Morning Raiders...

I'm in search of a mentor (or mentors) :1worthy:

Here are the details the admin team have asked that us noobs provide...

Your name: Allen C (Big Al)

Your Location: Quakers Hill

Fishing technique: Open to anything (Bass/trout on Nepean, Jewfish on Georges River, Snapper on Port Hacking, etc)

Availability: Saturdays, Most weekday arvos (I work shifts so sometimes I'm available from 1pm or 2pm)

Preferred location: Nepean River, Port Hacking area and Georges River area

Provide your own gear? Yes

Provide your own boat? No (don't have one - yet)

I'd say I'm a novice/intermediate at best - not completely useless, but am always wanting to learn more...

If anyone's willing to share some knowledge or even some good spots for fishing, let me know...

If you have a boat, I'm willing to chip in for fuel...

Anyway, enough for now, if you want/need more info, let me know...

Cheers,

Al

Edited by Big_Al

would you happen to run a store at west pennant hills named Big Als

Hey Nick,

No sorry, not me...Big Al's just a nickname I was given ages ago...

Not that "big" anymore, but you know, what you get tagged with usually sticks...

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

:biggrinthumb:

Wanna say a big thanks to Luderick -Angler (Royce) and Hawkesbass (Trevor) for spending time with me on Saturday learning what I'm sure is just the tip f the ice-berg of black-fishing...

Learnt when, where and how to collect burley and bait for luderick...

Also was showed a few spots around the harbour and balmain areas which I'm sure to re-visit to hone my skills...

Unfortunately I didn't connect with any fish on the day (got snagged with 1 and pulled too soon on the other), but Royce and Trevor landed 2 nice ones and were kind enough to give them to me to take home...thanks guys...

Filleted them when I got home and ate them that nite with a friend with some Coronas :drunk: ...mmm..I think I am turning to the dark side...really nice fish to eat...

Thanks again Royce and Trevor and hope to be able to tag along again sometime in the near future...

P.S. I think I'll still bring my "princess-gloves" and how bout a heater next time...Trevor, you were hardcore :1punk: in your shorts...take my hat off to ya...

Guest hawkesbass

Thanks al i get the boat back soon so i will take you for a run in the harbour for a fish as for the shorts you know the saying no sense no feelings ill pm you soon