Mounting a downrigger to a barcrusher

Luringbream

Hey guys,

Looking at purchasing a Scotty downrigger, probably a strongarm 1085 with a 30" Boom or the 1050 with 23" boom. Has anyone successfully mounted a Scotty downrigger, any model, to a barcrusher?

If so, what mount arrangement did you use and where have you placed it? There isn't enough clearance from the back rod holder with either size boom and I don't want to drill holes in the boat.

Have you successfully used a gimbal mount from the middle rod holder or A rail mount(will probably have the same issue clearance wise)?

Please help me as I was just about to purchase a DR tonight, lucky I decided to take a few measurements.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Mate,

I have a Barcrusther 640c & use the scotty strongarm downrigger, with the gimble mount. This sits straight into the rear rod holder & clears the tramsom.

I think from memory it is the 1085 model with 30" boom, I purchased both from Hunts. If you need any more info call me on 0409 837 830.

Cheers,

Steve

if your going to use a rod holder it will need a backing plate i can knock you up a mount that fits into the rod holder and you mount the downrigger to a base plate you just need to work out the height to clear whatever we sell these mounts for 50.00 if i can help give me a ring on 0438264377 after 3.30 pm cheers gary