King Fish

breamie

Mate they have been really hard to entice lately. Its been so frustrating. You can find them where you find bait getting smashed by birds and salmon. When they are on its not too hard to get a few , just have livies and or squid.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me on where to catch king fish around the hawkesbury river area? been tring for ages with no success :thumbdown:

thanks everyone

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me on where to catch king fish around the hawkesbury river area? been tring for ages with no success :thumbdown:

thanks everyone

hi mate, not too many kings get into the hawkesbury river itself from what i know but if you head into pittwater or the cowan river youll come across them with the right bait eventually.

Dunno about the Hawksbury but still plenty in the harbour, and they have stuck around longer than usual. Greg got 7 rats, and 2 dustings in the harbour today. The school was that thick that they were holding under the boat, and every yakka got nailed within minutes of being sent over the side. An hour and a quarter, and 15 yakkas gonnneeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg

If ur boat based then head over to west head to collect your yakkas and when you get the first one send it out on a heavier rod while you get more there's always the chance they will be there.. Then try over near barrenjoey head slow trolling yakkas or squid past there is pretty reliable or barring that in around pittwater is a good bet too... Just remember live bait is the key between a good day and a fantastic one.

I reckon try near the entrance to cowan creek with squid and live yakkas. Seen a few busting up early morning in the last month or so and they aren't small fish either! Haven't been able to nail one yet though.. Barrenjoey and West head are probably your next best bet as they seem to be hanging near the entrance to pittwater

Cheers, Tom