Are snapper snatchers just fit for snapper?

brettmann86

Hey raiders just want to know how you go on your snapper snatchers... Ive now employed them as a gun rig on most species including flathead, Jews, king fish and other assorted bread and butter fish, the should just be called snatchers period they're a great rig and worth the investment.

What's your thought raiders???

Guest Aussie007

i dont use them but a mate has in the past when ive gone fishing with him he out fished me using the snapper flashers catching flatties

Hey Brettman

Confirm that they are a absolutely brilliant rig.

They catch anything, but for this summer they have smashed the flatties offshore.

Get double headers often and have bagged out numerous times.

Peter S, I know you love a flatty drift if you read this and have not tried them. Rec you give a go.

You'll definately out fish Syd.

Cheers

Trapper Tom.

Hey Tasksta

Yep a bit of squid or other bait on the end.

I use the Black Magic ones.

Heres a storey.

Was fishing off Kiama couple of weeks ago. We pulled up to drift.

Rigged the flasher and had it just sitting in the water whilst I turned around and cut a bit of squid to put on, turned around and there was a huge chinaman leatherjacket sitting just about a foot away from it ready to eat it (and my line and rig).

Grabbed the gaff, wack and straight into the boat. Beautiful eating.

Oh also for other raiders you do need to expose the rig to sunlight before sending down to the depths. They glow.

Its part of their effectivness.

Cheers

Trapper Tom.

Hey raiders just want to know how you go on your snapper snatchers... Ive now employed them as a gun rig on most species including flathead, Jews, king fish and other assorted bread and butter fish, the should just be called snatchers period they're a great rig and worth the investment.

What's your thought raiders???

Ive got a few but never used them! What sort of technique is used? If any?

They're pretty versatile they ways u can use them, you can just add a heavy weight and bottom bash paternoster style or if you've got a nice berley trail going use a lighter sinker and float them down the trail that works as well, if the fishing is a little slow I'll use some bait if the fish are on just some tuna oil dabbed on the flashers works too I've even used them without bait to good effect as well

They're just great rigs to use they are fastly taking up more and more room in my tackle bag

There great rigs, only issue i find when buying is that they come on very thick leader which offcourse for the reefs and deeper waters are fine but in using in shallow water i cut the snatchers off the line they come with and re-tie them on my own bottom rig with flurocarbon line. works well for me.

Hey Jewhunter

they work great up north but I have had great success with making the leader the lead is attached to about 2 - 3 metres long so your rig is off the bottom. For pearl perch and reds this works well.

Good luck