BOAT TRAILER GUIDE POLES

weagles3

Hi fellas (and Gals),

Any one know where to get boat trailer guide poles in Sydney? I have only found the odd one which sell for big $$$$ for what you get.

Photos below showing similar ones.

I have a skid trailer and want more protection when driving boat on trailer, especially in cross winds etc.

8080Guide_Pole_4.jpg

B29IdNwCGkKGrHqIOKj4EcgidzVBMkewTYNVw_3.jpg

B29Ic7w2kKGrHqMOKjsEyN8Lzf8GBMkewRyJg_12.jpg

As far as I know you can get them from the states. I have seen some trailers somewhere that had like poles either side with a flag on the top so the driver can easily navigate a trailer back down tricky ramps when vision is an issue.

Ive been searchin since for them in Sydney as well but haven't laid eyes on any since, so yeah if anyone knows some company selling them in OZ please let us know, I;d be interested as well.

As far as I know you can get them from the states. I have seen some trailers somewhere that had like poles either side with a flag on the top so the driver can easily navigate a trailer back down tricky ramps when vision is an issue.

Ive been searchin since for them in Sydney as well but haven't laid eyes on any since, so yeah if anyone knows some company selling them in OZ please let us know, I;d be interested as well.

foxriver, I found these on online online shop shop. Pricey especially with the postage. Item number 300701441365

Or these which are not to bad, come with LED lights. Item number 230764720031

Also Cassel marine in Windsor (west of Sydney) They are even dearer. http://www.cassellmarine.com.au/p/5382519/guide-pole-set-aluminium-multi-fit.html

To me they are expensive for what they are made of. Still beats damaging the boat. I tried to make them myself. Bit hard without proper equipment.

Edited by weagles3

• 5 months later...

Go to a engineering company and get them to bend a bit of tube,weld a post on the top to fitt a roller to it.Then go to a trailer parts supplier and get some U bolts and bolt it on to the side rail.I reckon $150.00 tops should cover it.

Hi fellas, Thank you all for replying, sorry I haven't looked in for a bit, too busy looking after sick family.

Looks like you could probably construct one..only if I knew how to weld!

Anyway I have sent a message to Bill, maybe he has some lying around and for a case of beer sounds like a good deal :)

Edited by foxriver

Guest Aussie007

Go to a engineering company and get them to bend a bit of tube,weld a post on the top to fitt a roller to it.Then go to a trailer parts supplier and get some U bolts and bolt it on to the side rail.I reckon $150.00 tops should cover it.

Yes i agree you could make these for a whole lot less than $150

wow u guys under estimate what shops charge these days! i was quoted like $300 to roll a couple lengths of steel for a trailer and they were only slight rolls whats needed here is harder to do as it crushes the tubing