Jewie Plastics and Hardbody Outfits

ryno_popey

So I've been saving up for something only to find I don't need to anymore and have been left with about $750 that I want to spend on an outfit for Jewies :thumbup: . Sure i'll probably use it for many other species but this outfit will be used predominantly for flicking plastics and hardbodies for Jewfish. Any suggestions as to which rod and reel combo's go good for around that price?

I use my bream gear for jewwies on plastics don't recommend it though.

I hav twinpower FC 1000 4lb braid and a loomis rod it handles like an animal but still there's a limit to how much drag I can set when a Jew is running towards a pylon.

If you can still find one maybe get a twinpower FC 3000 with 12lb braid your choice and a loomis mine would be an nrx 6-12 lb

When the new biomasters came out I was psyked that the hav an upgrade from the twinpowers. Go as to have a feel of one. Feels like a reel bought from supermarkets made of plastic I think.

thats a big budget, could get a nice combo with that money,

i use a sol 3000 on a 10-17lb daiwa tierra rod and run 10lb braid with 14lb leader for that sort of work.

great for barra too and i also have 20lb braid on the spare spool which i put on and throw sluggos around for rat kings,

any 3000 size reel and 10-20lb rod will be nice just get what you like within that range and youl be laughing.

For the Reels you could get a 4000 stradic ci4, Sol 3000, abu soron stx60

And rods depending on what you like, samaki vamp phase 2 10-20lb, Daiwa sol 10-20lb, G-loomis GL2 10-20lb. the list goes on. but it really comes down to what kind of rod and the length you prefer.

But most of these combos will work well on a range of species and last you a long time.

Hope this helps

I use my bream gear for jewwies on plastics don't recommend it though.

I hav twinpower FC 1000 4lb braid and a loomis rod it handles like an animal but still there's a limit to how much drag I can set when a Jew is running towards a pylon.

If you can still find one maybe get a twinpower FC 3000 with 12lb braid your choice and a loomis mine would be an nrx 6-12 lb

When the new biomasters came out I was psyked that the hav an upgrade from the twinpowers. Go as to have a feel of one. Feels like a reel bought from supermarkets made of plastic I think.

Thanks mate I'll be sure to ask around to check out the twinpower, and yeah I was thinking a Gloomis rod, they've got the flexibility for plastics whilst still holding alot of power. Cheers for the reply.

thats a big budget, could get a nice combo with that money,

i use a sol 3000 on a 10-17lb daiwa tierra rod and run 10lb braid with 14lb leader for that sort of work.

great for barra too and i also have 20lb braid on the spare spool which i put on and throw sluggos around for rat kings,

any 3000 size reel and 10-20lb rod will be nice just get what you like within that range and youl be laughing.

Haha yeah was saving for schoolies and then decided that I'd rather go fishing up at Darwin for a week (paid by the parents) ;)

Sounds like a good combo espescially cause I will be able to use it when i head up north and go for some Barra.

Cheers for the reply mate.

For the Reels you could get a 4000 stradic ci4, Sol 3000, abu soron stx60

And rods depending on what you like, samaki vamp phase 2 10-20lb, Daiwa sol 10-20lb, G-loomis GL2 10-20lb. the list goes on. but it really comes down to what kind of rod and the length you prefer.

But most of these combos will work well on a range of species and last you a long time.

Hope this helps

Sounds good, thanks heaps for the advice :)