Nice Rainbow

Hi Raiders

Headed up to Thommo's yesterday. Weather was fine but cool and blowing hard from the north west. Went down the southern side for an hour or so, with no activity, so walked the 3 kms or so to the base of the wall at the western end. Had about three casts of the 6 wt and came up tight on a 4 lb jack rainbow that nearly spooled me in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I had taken the wrong reel and had a broken 7 wt line with no backing. (Old age ha ha). As this appeared to be the only bite for the day, I gave it away about 1 pm for the long haul home. I love TCD (SOMETIMES).

Kind regards to all

Ross

Hi Ross, I was up there yesterday, from 5am through to 8pm!

Long day which produced one dropped fish within the first hour, then nothing till around 1pm, which was a cracking 5lb Hen Rainbow full of eggs.

Shame we didn't bump into each other, although I was far up the South East side all day.

Nice work mate!

nice rainbow mate its pretty tough up there at the moment so well done, any pics?

looks like the rainbows are starting to fire up a bit which is great as theyve been pretty scarce up until the last couple of weeks.