Garfish

nosquid

HI All,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me when is the season to catch garfish. I have only caught them once before and well I thought that it would be around now but so far I have not seen any. Also I only ever saw them at Balmoral. Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Squid Jig

HI All,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me when is the season to catch garfish. I have only caught them once before and well I thought that it would be around now but so far I have not seen any. Also I only ever saw them at Balmoral. Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Squid Jig

You can find them in the water near drummoyne boat ramp on The Esplanade

Cheers

Trung

Thanks Trung,

I have been told that I should avoid any fish caught west of the city, is this true ? and any chance of fishing for them from the east side of Sydney?

thanks though for the response.

cheers

Hey squid jig,

The argument of west vs east of the bridge has been talked about at length on here do a search for it you'll see what I'm talking about essentially what it boils down to is fish that reside in west of the harbour bridge for extended periods of time like bream might be a bit hazardly to eat but fish that move in and out of the system like kingfish, salmon, gar, bonito and the like should be fine as long as your not consuming kilos at a time but in saying that there is no fence under the harbor bridge that stops the fish from moving around, end of it all it boils down to what you feel comfortable with.

i normally.fish st georges basin which may be a little far for u however at the right time, there is a neverending supply of garries. they have been going off lately i believe due to the colder weather however 8 weekz ago u coodnt get away from them.... i normally burley them up with broken pieces of bread, give this a go in any spot and if they are there u will know it. use the smallest hooks u can find.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I went to a boat ramp at taren point last Friday night around 9pm, was looking at all the tiny fish in the water with the gf, she was like aww how cute are they. Then out of no where this single garfish came and started smashing them. Took off pretty quick.

Was funny to see, well for me anyway...

I didn't realise there were garfish in that area.