What a surprise !

SZ1

Hi Raiders,

This will be my first post this year as I haven’t been fishing much or catching anything worth reporting about. But I just had to share my joys with fellow like minded people

Today is my anniversary with my long term girlfriend, and what a surprise I got when I got home!!! We agreed that for this year we will not get each other anything so when I got home to find post-it note arrows telling me to follow, it gave me the shock of a life time! At the end of the arrow trail I find a long slender cardboard tube. Now this could only mean one thing. Knowing that I'm a self confessed tackle whore, she knew how to surprise me, that’s for sure!!! Now I am one lucky guy as my misses loves her fishing more than me. During Summer she would be out with me and my fishing buddy floating around the harbour chasing kings, mid week squid sessions, and even accompanying me on a number of fishing trip with most recent being NZ. To watch her catch a 20kg kingy earlier this year in NZ she is even more addicted, to the point of being more obsessed than me.

Now I have never caught a GT in my life but a trip to catching some GeeTtteees has always been on the cards. I love my jigging and done plenty of Jigging trip chasing the Seriolas gangs but GeeTteee has always been a fire that needing to be put out or rather ignite lol. I was close to going on a trip a couple years ago where I brought the /rod etc but had to cancel last minute.

Now I just need to get a trip happening so I can put a bend in this puppy!!!

Sorry for a long winded post, but I am high as a kite with excitement and surprise!!!

Cheers,

SZ1

post-3846-068761100 1336457415_thumb.jpg

post-3846-072937000 1336457469_thumb.jpg

post-3846-045373300 1336457488_thumb.jpg

post-3846-002065400 1336457504_thumb.jpg

Edited by SZ1

NIce!

Man I have bought a Ripple for a gift for someone, oneday I hope I get one in return!

So what did you get?

I have a few ripple blanks on order at the moment. Getting my son one for a Nomad trip Im organising for later in the year.

Love my Ultimo's and my GT79R

Greg

NIce!

Man I have bought a Ripple for a gift for someone, oneday I hope I get one in return!

So what did you get?

I have a few ripple blanks on order at the moment. Getting my son one for a Nomad trip Im organising for later in the year.

Love my Ultimo's and my GT79R

Greg

Hi Greg,

The rod I got was the GT79R, I think this rod will suit my needs perfect as I wanted a rod on the light end as I mentioned above I have already got a Smith tokara. Now never fished for GT yet but I think what i have give me some good options in terms of weight of lure used and line strength.

wow Nomad trip for number son that would be awsome, wish my dad took me on hardcore fishing trips :thumbup:

Now I'm off to reserch some trip options, New Cal or Oman or Fiji or Nomad ummmmmmmmmmmm

Hi Greg,

The rod I got was the GT79R, I think this rod will suit my needs perfect as I wanted a rod on the light end as I mentioned above I have already got a Smith tokara. Now never fished for GT yet but I think what i have give me some good options in terms of weight of lure used and line strength.

wow Nomad trip for number son that would be awsome, wish my dad took me on hardcore fishing trips :thumbup:

Now I'm off to reserch some trip options, New Cal or Oman or Fiji or Nomad ummmmmmmmmmmm

Lol

I first started with a Tokara and the GT79R as well! :thumbup: Perfect 2 to take away!

I only moved on my Smiths a couple of weeks ago, haven't found a perfect replacment yet....

At the moment I'm using a Fisherman GT Game rated for 130lb and casts upto 220gm.

I'm off to WA at the end of the month, can't wait for some GT action!:yahoo: