botany bay today

Shaggytrevally

hi all after reading posts from fellow fish raiders with video footage of them catching kings in the bay, thought i would have a crack today.

fantastic weather on the water but no fish except for those mange leather jackets were in numbers at trevally alley. lost a dozen hooks.

Any ideas on trawling with squid without a down-rigger i was using swimming stile sinker no luck could find any livies or live squid.

cheers

Hi mate...we went out today and got 2 kings down rigging of moli..As for an alternative to downrigging you can use a knife jig or sinker over 400grms and simply taking the boat in and out of gear. Hope it helps

Hi mate...we went out today and got 2 kings down rigging of moli..As for an alternative to downrigging you can use a knife jig or sinker over 400grms and simply taking the boat in and out of gear. Hope it helps

All valid suggestions but I would try and invest in a downrigger as you'll be able to put your bait at the depth of where the fish are.

Well done on the kings Dangler! How big did they go?

All valid suggestions but I would try and invest in a downrigger as you'll be able to put your bait at the depth of where the fish are.

Well done on the kings Dangler! How big did they go?

One rat and lost one at the boat due to pulled hooks...estimate high 80s