Port Kembla

Hi Raiders,

Went to Port Kembla early this morning with a mate, fished from about 5:30am till 9:30am. Was really excited, new moon, high tide 7am, no wind, perfect day.

I had 2 rods going, 1 paternoster rig and 1 float, both with ganged pillies.

Long story short, pulled up numerous sweep :ranting2: a small stingy ray, small trevally 30cm, small flattie 30cm, but nothing worth taking! I was really after bonito or tailor but got a donut instead! It was fast approaching 8am, we knew our time was almost up.

Met a fellow raider who dropped by for a chat, aeb870, it was nice to meet you mate! :thumbup:

We had a brief chat and he went on his way. But dude you should have stayed... !

About 10 minutes after he left, I was on! Float sunk, and finally felt some decent weight. It was heavy, but didn't put up an awesome fight, unlike the bonnies. Got it to the surface, mate comes over to give me a hand. We are struggling to pull it up the rocks... mate jumps down and grabs the line, brings it up, line snaps half way up... :1yikes: but its still on a rock ledge in a crack. After a short struggle we get the fish up! What a miracle! It was like winning the lottery!

Although it was a very quiet session, the salmon made up for it! It measured at 60cm, a PB :thumbup:

post-18882-085503800 1337399097_thumb.jpg

Hi Raiders,

Went to Port Kembla early this morning with a mate, fished from about 5:30am till 9:30am. Was really excited, new moon, high tide 7am, no wind, perfect day.

I had 2 rods going, 1 paternoster rig and 1 float, both with ganged pillies.

Long story short, pulled up numerous sweep :ranting2: a small stingy ray, small trevally 30cm, small flattie 30cm, but nothing worth taking! I was really after bonito or tailor but got a donut instead! It was fast approaching 8am, we knew our time was almost up.

Met a fellow raider who dropped by for a chat, aeb870, it was nice to meet you mate! :thumbup:

We had a brief chat and he went on his way. But dude you should have stayed... !

About 10 minutes after he left, I was on! Float sunk, and finally felt some decent weight. It was heavy, but didn't put up an awesome fight, unlike the bonnies. Got it to the surface, mate comes over to give me a hand. We are struggling to pull it up the rocks... mate jumps down and grabs the line, brings it up, line snaps half way up... :1yikes: but its still on a rock ledge in a crack. After a short struggle we get the fish up! What a miracle! It was like winning the lottery!

Although it was a very quiet session, the salmon made up for it! It measured at 60cm, a PB :thumbup:

post-18882-085503800 1337399097_thumb.jpg

Identical to the one I got last night!!!

I was at the break wall yesterday morning and many were pulling in salmon and a few Bonito....

Unlike you my luck there was shocking but I got some good practice in I guess......Good stuff

Excellent work, welldone.

It was really great meeting you too, now I know where to find you.

Really was a great day to be out, would have loved a Bonito but didn't mind going home empty handed.

Again, good job. Cracker Salmon :thumbup:

This is basically what sweep look like, they can grow fairly large when caught of a boat.

They don't freeze well, and aren't the best eating. Some people still don't mind them fresh.

post-15508-053486200 1337481995_thumb.jpg