This is why I chuck lures at Poles in Wallis Lake!

arpie

Hi Guys

I ducked out for a bit of a fish today - mainly just small stuff that I didn't bother to take pics of until THIS one turned up, off a pole that I chucked my favourite Top Water lure at ........ 38cm & in top condition!! It really tried to head back to the pole, but with the advantage of the Mirage Drive on the Hobie, I was able to power away whilst maintaining pressure on the fish.

Whilst it is not the BIGGEST bream that I have caught in the lake, it put up one of the best fights!! This is when you need to have total confidence in your rod, reel, line & knots ......... it was hard work pulling him out of the snaggy area! I was talking to myself, shouting "Nooooooo, don't go there!!'' 1yikes.gif It would have been interesting to see how much it weighed ..... it was a solid fish.

The pics will speak for themselves! I took heaps, but had to hold the camera so high, to get the whole fish in, lots of them were incomplete!! wacko.gif

post-2231-062251600 1337411985_thumb.jpg

post-2231-086313900 1337412006_thumb.jpg

post-2231-010721600 1337412111_thumb.jpg

Forster - the home of BIG BREAM! yahoo.gif There is a bream behind virtually EVERY POLE!! And there are THOUSANDS OF POLES to target!! 074.gif

cheerio

Roberta

Thanks guys - I can tell you I was REALLY pleased when he was in the net!!

...Making me VERY excited about my pre ordered hobie Pro Angler 12.... You will have SO MUCH FUN, Mackattack! Let me know if you ever come up this way!

..POLING BREAM .. 074.gif Good one, Ray!

....we got a few from the poles down here today..... got smoked, that will teach me for using the silly string........ Oh Dear -- BB - I've lost more than enough to 'not so silly string' - you have to upgrade, just a little!! It is amazing how you an sometimes 'lead' them away from the poles too, if they follow the lure out as you inch it away from them, carefully! I dropped a couple of nice ones, too! :(

....Cracker you might have got a free tow around the pole from that one..... if I couldn't pedal away, I would have been in serious trouble, I reckon, Plumb! I HAVE been towed by fish before - especially big blackies - they go like freight trains!

cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta