Botany 19.05.12

350chev

Hi raiders,

With the great weather predicted for Saturday I'd planned to hit the peak and jigg for some kings. We headed out of the bay at around 9:00 thinking that the wind would bugger off by the time we got there . Was a little bumpy going out but once we arrived that wind had turned up a notch or two and there was some serious chop in that water, well for my 15 footer there was lol.

Water temp was around 20.5 but we decided to head back in, i was after a relaxing day.

Got back in the bay anchored up at molli got the burley going, sat back and waited. Boy did we do a lot of waiting.

Things were really quiet. Wind died off completely and the water was like glass. Saw Dhype I think, moving around looking for those kingys I think.

I'd found a small slimmey in amongst the pillies, took off a few fillets and first one to hit the water was smashed. After an exciting tug o war and a few trips around the boat mr sambo was in the boat. He went 60 cm. I managed one legal bream and that was it. Perfect conditions, maybe a little too perfect.

I also so formosan chasing those hoodies. Good to c you again buddy.

Anyway a day on the water with no fish is better then a day at work :).

Cheers

Daniel

dcee221e-f23c-92a7.jpg

dcee221e-f255-2793.jpg

dcee407b-16d7-9d87.jpg

Edited by dan76

What great confidtions! And great sambo!

Was out ot the peak too early, like you. based on the good weather forecast, but wind sent me 'inbay' as well.

Managed a couple of morwong and a rat king before the leatherjackets drove me nuts and combined with wind made call to head in.

Hey formosan don't know what happened still trying to get the hang of posting with my phone. I'll have to check it.

That was a nice salmon I caught and what ashame about that kingy. Did you stay much longer?

Hey barcrusher,

I was really looking forward to trying some jigging at the peak, jeez it was rough out there. That weather turned right around in the avo but by that stage a little to late for me.

What time were you out there?

Daniel

Hey Dan ,

We got out there bout 7 stayed till bout 11 !! Too many jackets cutting us off ! Wanted to hit 12 mile but conditions in morning wernt the best !! Do u normally fish botany ! I'll keep an eye out for ya ! I'm in the blue Barcrusher

Hedy barcrusher,

I've only had my boat since end of last year. I have been fishing manly botany as it is close to home. I have tried the harbour as well. I'm in a 15 ft nautiglass white half cabin. Be great to bump into one day.

You still got a feed dan thats the main thing,

That water was amazing i wish we had that during the summer days we lost so many fishing days to the bad weather and now with the water temp dropping we get good water conditions its been like that every year i guess i used to work near port botany for 3 years so i always snuck out to check the water.

IT will get quieter over time in the bay during the winter hits but i realised the best times are between 1pm and sunset.

The only fishing i do in winter is try to get to offshore reefs if the swell/wind is real good.

Hey powerfisher

Your 100% right, it seems that the weather is a lot better in the Avos, might have to change my fishing times .

I've been working down in carignbah in the mornings driving over the cc bridge the water has a little wind chop but in the Avos on my way home the water is like glass. I'm having to look the other way it's becoming a real tease lol :)

Cheers Daniel

g'day Dan, too bad about the peak, I am waiting for someone to get out there and jig up some big kings! :biggrin2:

yeah when the bay is too calm, the fish fall asleep also, always tend to do better when there is a bit of a chop.

but nice sambo anyway!

Good report Dan.

My general rule with the weather is you fish the mornings in the summer because of the nor east winds that always come up the afternoon and then in winter you fish the afternoons which are normally always calmer. It's just a general rule like I said but it's normally how the weather is. I sometimes don't leave home till around 9 or 10am on a winters fishing day.

Hey formosan don't know what happened still trying to get the hang of posting with my phone. I'll have to check it.

That was a nice salmon I caught and what ashame about that kingy. Did you stay much longer?

Didn't stay much longer, was getting dark.