maiden voyage

nat

Hi raiders, Bought my first boat over a week ago now & seized the first opportunity that presented itself "today". Took my mum out with the intent of showing her a nice cruise on the water, with of course the odd plastic getting thrown around. Spent the first hour feeling my way round using the lecci. Once comfy we set off & started flicking the run out tide. Got onto a nice little bream to open the account, Then half hour later whilst working the lecci I turn to talk to mum & her reel starts singing, After a brief fight she got smoked!!! ouch!! :ranting2: what ever it was it was a decent fish! headed on down stream until I nailed myself a stonker bream on a 100mm bloodworm wriggler. Was a great fight & good experience until a jet ski came flying past & killed the moment! All said & done had a great day on the water & didnt make any rookie mistakes for my first time. Have to thank stewy for all the fishing & boating tips that lead me to the point of owning my own boat & catching fish, and smitty for the sweet ride. Love my new boat & the memories it will produce.... Also there was a good post in the boating section on boating mistakes that was a funny read & also very helpful on what not to do whilst boating. Thanks Stewy, smitty & fishraider! & mum for the great company...

post-12031-015638200 1337604714_thumb.jpg

post-12031-022390400 1337605219_thumb.jpg