Cracking Day Out

Basil D

Hi Guys, Been a while since I last Posted, Chris , On Monday My cousin Michael and I planned a day out fishing on Wednesday and Tuesday I remembered we had a State of Origin BBQ the same evening so we planned on coming back early.

Bright and Early start at 5am at Chris's House (pongras) and at the boat ramp by 6.45 am.

we headed straight to our Bonito grounds and they were on big time, got our bag limit of ten each and left them biting, From we headed out for the Flatties and got a nice feed and had to work a few hours to get them.

Michael got bored and said Im leaving my bait mid water to see what happens, 5 minutes later he says Im on, nice Baby mako landed with a grin from ear to ear.

By now the day started to get late and I said to chris lets head off need to clean up and start the BBQ and he says I gotta get some reefies for the outlaws LOL and I said ok lets be quick.

Damm we left the water 3.30 by the time we got back to the ramp, cleaned the fish, cleaned the boat and back home it was 7pm and few guests already there, we stuck the tele out side, BBQ the heat beads to quicken up time (Love my charcoal BBQ), jumped in the shower, started cooking while chopping up the mako for suvlaki, we started eating while the game was on and after a few beers I was smashed , so the result didnt matter at the end and I had no time to get mad at what unfolded during the game and was fast asleep before I reached the bed.

Time to clean up now, rang the Boss sick :P

post-8352-027850200 1337810771_thumb.jpg

post-8352-010728300 1337810782_thumb.jpg

post-8352-011556500 1337810811_thumb.jpg

post-8352-005948200 1337810826_thumb.jpg

BY the way can anyone confirm this fish species, is an eastern Blue devil fish, caught on the reef late the same day at 31cm took a photo and was released.

post-8352-074266500 1337811076_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Welldone mate that is an awesome catch, that decision yesterday by the video ref was a shocker, at leasst you had some compensation with what you caught. That is definately an eastern blue devil fish, im pretty sure its a protected species, nice catch.

Wow, what an awesome catch. Can't wait to get out there.

Hope to get a fishing session with you soon.

yeah it would be nice and hopefully sooner rather than later with the same fishing result.

Welldone mate that is an awesome catch, that decision yesterday by the video ref was a shocker, at leasst you had some compensation with what you caught. That is definately an eastern blue devil fish, im pretty sure its a protected species, nice catch.

Yeah I wasn't sure but Chris (pongras) said he caught one years ago and they are protected and he was released back to his family

love the trevellies nice flatties, cracker bonnies, do you mind telling me where you go as i have never seen so many fish thanks

They are outside Sydney heads anywhere nice and close to the cliffs and about 60 to 70 foot of water.

Nice day out mate, got a bag of fish and flogged in the footie...couldnt have been better.And that ref is my mate so no slagging him off..lmao. The only thing missing was me...as usual..

Hey I called you last time, but nooooooo you were working :P

Theres always a next time .

BY the way can anyone confirm this fish species, is an eastern Blue devil fish, caught on the reef late the same day at 31cm took a photo and was released.

Yes that is an Eastern Blue devil fish, only caught about 4 of these over the years in about 40m around Maroubra. They look like they would be tasty but they are protected.

Yes that is an Eastern Blue devil fish, only caught about 4 of these over the years in about 40m around Maroubra. They look like they would be tasty but they are protected.

thanks for that

Nice catch there groper.Can you tell me what you caught the bonito with choice of lures etc.That would be awesome.Thanks mate.

Steve

Hi Steve I had three lures going off., it was a helco blue , I will look up the part number for ya, the other two were Chris's(pongras) lures not sure what they were. but all lures dive 3 to 5 meters or so only.