Okuma trios 40s

Kooks

I've been research a new reel for fiji trip. I wanted something under $100, have decent drag and match a 6-10 stick that I can cast all day with.

So I came across the Okuma trios 40s. It retails for about $140 here but I found it for about $70-80 in the US.

I'm loving the sound of it - 9kgs of drag and weighs only 300gms. As a bonus the 40s...the "S" means high speed retrieve.

Anyone had any experience with them?

Specs:

Gear Ratio 6.2:1

Bearings 9BB , 1 RB

Drag Max (lbs) 18.0

Line Capacity ( LB / Yards ) 200/6, 160/8, 110/10

Line Per Handle Turn 31"

Model Number Trio-30S

Weight (grams) 295

I've been research a new reel for fiji trip. I wanted something under $100, have decent drag and match a 6-10 stick that I can cast all day with.

So I came across the Okuma trios 40s. It retails for about $140 here but I found it for about $70-80 in the US.

I'm loving the sound of it - 9kgs of drag and weighs only 300gms. As a bonus the 40s...the "S" means high speed retrieve.

Anyone had any experience with them?

Specs:

Gear Ratio 6.2:1

Bearings 9BB , 1 RB

Drag Max (lbs) 18.0

Line Capacity ( LB / Yards ) 200/6, 160/8, 110/10

Line Per Handle Turn 31"

Model Number Trio-30S

Weight (grams) 295

Avoid purchasing it from the US. You will void the lifetime warranty in Australia. I have the 55s and it is fantastic !

I love okuma reels but for $70-$80 + postage if not included would then be getting close to the $100 mark for an extra $40 or less if you strike the right tackle shop you can get lifetime warranty.

I have claimed on okuma warranty on a badly neglected reel and they still fixed like new.

I have a trio 20 I use for spinning multiple times a week and I love it. Has a great drag system but need to keep it lubed up and serviced as it has dried up a couple of times and gotten rough. I am pretty tough on it though!

Well I decided to buy it from the US. I found it for $56 and also bought some 150y of 15lb power pro for 15 bucks too. I know I don't get the life time warranty on the reel but for that price I should have bought 2.