Finally some squid

Plumb

Well planed to go out today with some work mates, so rain or not we headed out. Ramp at 630, trolled skirts along the container wharf for zero.

Tryed for some squid, and finally... Was able to get a few, all nice size, all caught on blue and white jiggs.

3aad5033-302f-b059.jpg

DR a few around the bay but got smashed by Pickers.

Headed just out side but a little to much swell for liking to DR So we decided to try and bash out some flathead. The current was roaring and we had to double up on lead to hd bottom, got one keeper, and a few throw backs.

Headed in and anchored up at trevally ally, for zip

Went back to the squiggle ground for one more, and through some SPs in Yarra bay for one small flattie.

Cooking the squid now..

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good work plumb! Nice colour to them squids too.

Bad luck on DR ing. Did you think kings are still around?

not sure, didn't see any on the sounder... Did see this at Moli point though. I never seem to see arches like that, hence the photo3aad5033-3e89-35d5.jpg

not sure, didn't see any on the sounder... Did see this at Moli point though. I never seem to see arches like that, hence the photo3aad5033-3e89-35d5.jpg

looks like kings to me... if the squids are not getting any action throw down a sluggo and whip it up pass them..you will be surprised how well this works.

looks like kings to me... if the squids are not getting any action throw down a sluggo and whip it up pass them..you will be surprised how well this works.

sluggo??? Like a metal knife jig?v or smaller

Wats sounder is that an setting s u running

Nick

Barcrusher 610î‡

Lawrence elite 5x, I generally adjust the sensitivity manually up and down until I pick up a little surface clutter.

Cheers Luke

Great job on the squid Luke! And great choice of sounder! :) and that's a great showing of kings! Did you try dr'ing a squid pass them? Sluggo is a plastic.

Great job on the squid Luke! And great choice of sounder! :) and that's a great showing of kings! Did you try dr'ing a squid pass them? Sluggo is a plastic.

had no squid at the time, then once I got the squid I headed to a place some guys filmed them selves catching kings...

Actually forgot about the showing once I had the squid...

had no squid at the time, then once I got the squid I headed to a place some guys filmed them selves catching kings...

Actually forgot about the showing once I had the squid...

Ahhh doh!! If only you had squid at the time, they look like substantial kings! Hmmm... Who films themselves catching kings, what show offs! Hahaha :)

Always worth a couple of passes at molli when you have squid.

I see... Now I can stop buying squid jigs for a week and get some "sluggos"

DOH! Shouldn't have said anything! :biggrin2:

The aussie BOZO lures also work well at molli... i have picked up plenty of jews and kings there in the pass - have a look at my previous post for photos etc.

Trung

DOH! Shouldn't have said anything! :biggrin2:

The aussie BOZO lures also work well at molli... i have picked up plenty of jews and kings there in the pass - have a look at my previous post for photos etc.

Trung

cheers will do

Luke

My jaw dropped when I saw those arches! :1yikes: