Narrabeen Lakes 6/7

Went out for a quick flyfishing session this morning at 6.15 am on the lake. It sure was picturesque, no wind what so ever and a perfect current to drift at the Woolies bridge. first trolled a Maniac to see if there any tailor around, when passing the bridge pylons and whack, right on cue, a nice chopper at 25 cms. Out with the no. 5 wand and for the next hour and a half, about 8 choppers from 20 - 30 cms were landed, dropped about 3, also managed a small lizard. Things got pretty quiet as the sun was coming up and the shadows were gone, so called it a day at about 8.30. Nothing big today, but heaps of fun. Water was still very murky, like a chocolate colour and the water temperature was a chilly 12 degrees.

Went out for a quick flyfishing session this morning at 6.15 am on the lake.  It sure was picturesque, no wind what so ever and a perfect current to drift at the Woolies bridge.   first trolled a Maniac to see if there any tailor around, when passing the bridge pylons and whack, right on cue, a nice chopper at 25 cms.  Out with the no. 5 wand and for the next hour and a half, about 8 choppers from 20 - 30 cms were landed, dropped about 3, also managed a small lizard.  Things got pretty quiet as the sun was coming up and the shadows were gone, so called it a day at about 8.30.  Nothing big today, but heaps of fun.  Water was still very murky, like a chocolate colour and the water temperature was a chilly 12 degrees.

56767[/snapback]

Narra,

Geez, 12 Degrees :frozen: doesn't sound too inspiring..at least you got a few fish.

The lake did look very glassy as I passed it on the way to work.

Good to hear what's happening down at the lake

Lizard

Edited by Lizardboy

Lizard,

12 degrees is what the sounder came up with, Pittwater was only 14 - 16 degress on Sunday, out in the ocean is warmer though.

Yellow Sub,

Havnt been up the back near the golf course for ages. Enjoyed going to Middle Creek in summer and scoring some nice bream on flypoppers. It is going to take the lake a while yet before the water clears, but there could be some lizards hanging around the shallows up the back there.

Guest bluecod
Anyone know if that fine weed is still all over the back of the lake. I figured it was prospering in the fresh so will take some time to recede.

56796[/snapback]

Dave,

That fine weed wouldn't be suitable for blackfish, would it?

Narra,

Have you tried out that kevlar leader yet? if so how did it perform?

I dont think the weed is the one you want for blackfish, you can get heaps of the cabbage from the Narrabeen rocks though. I tried the kelvar out once, didnt really cast that well, it could be me. I'll give it another go later.

cheers