Stessl and Evinrude 28hp.outboard motor.

runabout

Hi everyone,I live up on the central coast of nsw.I have recently bought a Stessl 4.00 front steer with power tilt and trim. the motor is a Evinrude 28hp.would like anyones opinions on this make of boat and motor.Could anyone tell me the year model of motor,and are there any problems with this motor.I can't seem to be able to find anywhere to attach the ear muffs to flush the motor.Someone told me I have to put it into a barrel to do this.?? is this true.Also does anyone know where I can download a freeeee Manual for this motor,or some kind of instructions to service it.any help appreciated Thanks.

regards Michael.

post-8955-063696200 1338289988_thumb.jpeg

post-8955-017492600 1338290015_thumb.jpeg

Hi, supply a model number and we can tell you the age of the outboard. The 28HP is a commercial engine and based on the same block as 20-35HP from different eras and plenty of these engines survive 30 plus years so one of the best outboard ever made but as with anything second hand the way it has been treated will affects its longevity. as for flushing the model number will tell me what gearcase it has and therefore what flusher is needed. My advise would be to buy a genuine service manual to learn the most abut this engine.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, supply a model number and we can tell you the age of the outboard. The 28HP is a commercial engine and based on the same block as 20-35HP from different eras and plenty of these engines survive 30 plus years so one of the best outboard ever made but as with anything second hand the way it has been treated will affects its longevity. as for flushing the model number will tell me what gearcase it has and therefore what flusher is needed. My advise would be to buy a genuine service manual to learn the most abut this engine.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, Huey many thanks for your feedback.the model no.of my Evinrude 28hp.SPL. is E28ESLERS.

Hi Tackle, looks pretty good but how many $'s did u pay ? . Im sure everything with the boat will be fine but it would have been a better idea to post here and ask questions THEN buy later.

Gaz

1994 Model,

Easy enough (also makes a lot less noise) to flush the motor in a large bucket / bin.

If that's not convenient, you can buy an adapter to flush the motor from a hose.

If you are not very familiar with outboards, I would recommend you get the motor looked over and whilst there there get the plugs, impeller and the oil changed in the leg. That way you know where you are at with the motor.

Edited by Cheap Charlie

Guest Aussie007

i could be wrong but i think the flushers for this model are no longer sold hopefully craig corrects me and this guy is in luck and they are available the flusher would connect somewhere under the rear of the cavitation plate also looking at the pic u dont have a thru prop exhaust so remove your prop and inspect the sheer pin before u take it out on the water