Where Is....

Guest Jocool

Guest Jocool

I'm really trying to make this harder....But I don't seem to be having any luck. Lets see if this is better! :thumbup:

Normal drill...name of the waterway, and where I am standing when I took the piccie. And no...there was no fish there. :1prop:

Guest bluecod

Nup! You got me stumped Joe - though if its not answered tomorrow I might just run it through some of the software at the office for a precise location fix. :074:

Guest Jocool

HOT DAMN....I found one George doesn't know!!! :yahoo::yahoo::tease:

I might just run it through some of the software at the office for a precise location fix.  :074:

56876[/snapback]

Can you do that??..Or you pulling my leg??? :wacko::wacko:

Guest bluecod
HOT DAMN....I found one George doesn't know!!! :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :tease:

Can you do that??..Or you pulling my leg??? :wacko:  :wacko:

56879[/snapback]

Yep!

Actually Joe I know I've been there before but just can't put it together at the moment.

Edited by bluecod

Guest Jocool

No takers???? Should I be sweetening the deal with some Sluggo's? Will that get the mind thinking? :1prop:

Guest Jocool
nepean river at yarramuundi ....... :biggrin2:

57094[/snapback]

Looks like I owe you a pack of Sluggo's Ankles! :074:

Guest bluecod

Mr Cool,

There is an island near there where you can cross to when the water is low - bridge washed away - where the retriever and gun dog club used to meet to train their muts.

Good call Ankles - just make sure you get a pack of Sluggos and not a pair of them :1yikes:

Guest Jocool

That second pic is an island...is that the one you meant?

It's funny.....The water gushing along the flats is not the main body of water...It comes behind an island of sorts and looks like a completely different waterway. The pic shows the water gushing away from me, when in actual fact it was flowing from right to left!

Edited by Jocool

Guest bluecod
That second pic is an island...is that the one you meant?

It's funny.....The water gushing along the flats is not the main body of water...It comes behind an island of sorts and looks like a completely different waterway. The pic shows the water gushing away from me, when in actual fact it was flowing from right to left!

57138[/snapback]

There's a couple of spots along that stretch of river there that look similar, I think the doggy island is further upstream and the first pic shows the original main channel. There was a wash out there in about 1980 and the river's high water channel scoured out an old flood way and became the main channel in all but drought conditions - a lot of remediation effort was put in to stabilising the old flood way - as its been a while since I've been there it would be interesting to drop in for a looksee to see how effective the rehab works were.