Yellow Fin

Went out for a cube yesterday at 1:00pm from Port Hacking. Livies are everywhere at middle grounds. Ran out to the 1000 fathem line and started cubing by 3:00pm. First hook up was at 4:00pm then lost 2 more fish Finally caught our first fin weighing 55KG's while we were still fighting the one we first hooked up on. we then caught a albercore in between. Finally got the fin to the boat after 4 hours on 24kg got 2 fixed gaffs into it and it went nuts. Lost the fish on the gaffs I would say about a 70kg fish. Photos are on mates camera so I will put up soon but its a good start to the season.

Thanks mate,

i guess you were pretty lucky or it just must have felt "fishy".

We fished inshore yesterday for snapper and kings and was past by some playful whales. These are the first whales i have seen off sydney this season. perhaps what ever environmental factor that dictates their migration will also apply to the YFT and hopefully they will start appearing in greater numbers in the next few weeks.

Went out for a cube yesterday at 1:00pm from Port Hacking. Livies are everywhere at middle grounds. Ran out to the 1000 fathem line and started cubing by 3:00pm. First hook up was at 4:00pm then lost 2 more fish Finally caught our first fin weighing 55KG's while we were still fighting the one we first hooked up on. we then caught a albercore in between. Finally got the fin to the boat after 4 hours on 24kg got 2 fixed gaffs into it and it went nuts. Lost the fish on the gaffs I would say about a 70kg fish. Photos are on mates camera so I will put up soon but its a good start to the season.

better luck on the big one next time, but still 55kg stonker of a YFT :thumbup: welldone