Clifton garden

bharris

Hi all

Had planed a fishing trip with my dad do it every couple of weeks so off we go to try clifton garden.got there about 10.30 tide was going out so armed with two rods each one light rigged with 6lb braid main down to a 6lb fluoro lead with a tiny split shot and size 1 circle hook the heavy rods rigged with 15lb braid mainline and 15lb fluoro with 2/0 circle hook. Mixed up some burly got a good trail going was very quite for the first hour or so only small snapper so i went for walk with my light rod down the wharf with 1 prawn looking into the water i could see big blackies eating off one of the pylons so i put a tiny bit of prawn on and fick it just up from where the were sitting then out of nowere the biggest leather jacket grabed the bait and took off got him in the net just as he bit through the line.:D. So put a long shank hook on and did the same thing for the next two hours got 3 bream from 26cm to 29cm 4 blackfish another big leather jacket and a 39cm trev got busted heeps of times.all fish cought on tiny bits of prawn.seen a school of fish working just out of range.left about 2.30 wet and cold i could have stayed longer but dad wanted to go but top day out except for the non stop rain.only took a quick few pics cause of the rain didnt want to get my phone wet.3aa3afbf-d7db-dc60.jpg3aa3afbf-d81d-f887.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Nice work mate! Well done in such a heavily fished area. I went snorkeling them a month ago and sawm a ridiculous amount of monster whiting, blackfish and even small school jew!

Yeah i suspected that one of the bust offs i had was a small jew it picked the bait up jus as is drifted in to the hole and shot off into deeper water then turned around and headed into the wharf had my raider bent to the max and had few half harted head shakes befor it turned.it is heavly fished waters just got to fish lighter you might loose a few which i did but you get 10x more action

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

what time do clifton gardens gates open and close?

Please note: new car park gate at the Morella Road entrance to Clifton Gardens Reserve (click on this link) will be locked at 9.30pm and opened at 6am each day. A service for after hours opening of the gate will be available for $88.00 including GST.

Check the Mosman Council website for further info http://www.mosman.ns...ecreation/parks

Please note: new car park gate at the Morella Road entrance to Clifton Gardens Reserve (click on this link) will be locked at 9.30pm and opened at 6am each day. A service for after hours opening of the gate will be available for $88.00 including GST.

Check the Mosman Council website for further info http://www.mosman.ns...ecreation/parks

Thanks for that

Thank you for the information as I went there last year and didn't see any gates.

Andy

If you drive a skinny small car and get stuck there at 9:33 just after the gate has shut....you might be able to squeeze your ride through on the footpath...just saying *shifty eyes*