Harbour Bash

Sammy

G'day Raiders, Getting a little hard getting reliable crew these days so I went out on my pat Saturday morning for a few hours before the rains settled in.Conditions were perfect less than 10knt winds with a run out tide. Couldn't be bothered anchoring so was just drifting Balls Head when I cam across a school of Breambo's.. It was a lot of fun and every cast I was on ( right place right time )..I'm sure I'll get one or two lining up after they see the catch. Pity about the rain settling in for a few days but after it stops and everything is all stirred up I reckon they'll be some big model Breambo's ready to smash our offerings! bbbzzz

post-1300-064876700 1338716890_thumb.jpg

solid haul of fish there mate :thumbup: great work and cant wait for the :1badmood: to stop

Yeah me too! I've got my two nights off work and it's raining again! :tease:

Great catch Sammy. The fish almost look camouflaged on your deck. LOL

Good work n nice catch, this might be a stupid question but are those whiting in the bottom if the pic towards the right a different type to the one on the left without the spotty markings? Like king George whiting or something like that?

Good work n nice catch, this might be a stupid question but are those whiting in the bottom if the pic towards the right a different type to the one on the left without the spotty markings? Like king George whiting or something like that?

I've been told in the past that they are 'spooted whiting' commonly found in the estuaries..I seem to get a lot of these type of whiting in Pittwater and west of the Hrbour bridge.very sweet thay are much like their bigger cousin the Sand Whiting :1fishing1:

I've been told in the past that they are 'spooted whiting' commonly found in the estuaries..I seem to get a lot of these type of whiting in Pittwater and west of the Hrbour bridge.very sweet thay are much like their bigger cousin the Sand Whiting :1fishing1:

Theyre called trumpeter whiting :thumbup: