yaaay squids

ashisnothereman

Hi raiders, been getting into squid fishing this winter and its great fun and even tastier.

got these two at Chowder on Monday evening on Yo Zuri. Had a third take but I neglected using a net :05: .

Cheers!

Great work nice squid there :thumbup:

Good going mate.Were you fishing clifton gardens jetty or off the rocks there?

the whole of chowder produces squid. IMO its a perfect habitat for them. if you can get up the front long cast straight out as they tend to hang out before the drop off into deeper water. however i have had luck fishing weed patches in shallows with slow sinking jigs, 2.5 or less. explore the entire area until you find some :thumbup:

3.25g and its a colourful jig. mostly orange with yellow/white pattern and blue spots. also has a glow patch underside body.

ThAts my favorite squid jig colour, yo zuri always work for me, well done with the captures it could have been worse the one that got away could have squirted you with black ink before it escaped! Well done

ThAts my favorite squid jig colour, yo zuri always work for me, well done with the captures it could have been worse the one that got away could have squirted you with black ink before it escaped! Well done

its a gun jig :biggrin2: works best out of all my yo zuris. haha has to be my 2nd favourite part. 1st is fighting the squid. 2nd is dodging its inkshot :P