Evinrude 140 HP VRO Tilt & Trim Issues

Ave Maria

G'day Fish Raiders,

Im having issues with my Evinrude 140 HP VRO tilt & trim were once I engage on either the tilt or trim theres a delayed responce for approx 10 secs before it tilts or trims.

There are no obvious signs of leaking around the seals or rams.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Can we clarify a few points ,

Do you have two switches , one on the side of the motor & the other on the throttle / gear arm??

If so , does the problem occur on both switches or only one ??

If standing at the back of the boat & activating the switch on the motor does the pump motor start immediately

& there is a delay in the actual pump opperating?

Geoff

G'day Fish Raiders,

Im having issues with my Evinrude 140 HP VRO tilt & trim were once I engage on either the tilt or trim theres a delayed responce for approx 10 secs before it tilts or trims.

Check that there is enough hydraulic oil in the rams/reservoir because if there is not it will cavitate because there would be air in there,mind you , you would hear this also, & it could stuff your pump.

Is there a 10 second delay before the pump motor starts running, or does the pump start and it takes 10 second for the engine to start moving?

You may have water in the reseviour or very low fluid level if its running but not moving. Drain, inspect and refill before cracking big dollars on fixing it.

G'day Fish Raiders,

Guest Aussie007

find the two wires going from the PTT pump to the power head attach 12volts to the wires (its reversible) and see if it still stalls for 10 seconds