Botany Bay 9 June

BFB

Decided to go with fishing with my eldest son yesterday at Botany Bay. Hit the water about 8:30. I do not believe in cold early morning starts.

Went outside the heads for a bit of a troll but nothing appeared through schools of bait did appear on the sounder. We then tried numerous places in the bay using both bait and plastics without any luck.

We packed up about 2:30 with no success at all. It was a great day to be on the water just no fish.

Being new to Botany Bay could someone tell me of likely places to fish just outside of the bay. I have numerous GPS marks for everywhere else but clos to the bay. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am getting sick of going fishing but not catching any fish.

How did anybody else go yesterday?

I have grown up on the bay and in recent months have found the bay to be very hot and cold. I have also commented about this recently.

For fisho`s of my vintage I am surprised that fish are not more plentiful considering there is no netting of the bay anymore.

IMO the best bait inside the bay are nippers.

Where to fish. It is a matter of travelling spot to spot and moving if there is no result. Burley is essential when you anchor.

Just try all of the known places mentioned on this site. Fishing as light as possible will also help. 6lb line and oo+o sinkers floated in your burley trail.

For outside ditto previous poster. Use your sounder to find other places around the coastline.

Fresh bait is essential to improve your chances of a feed. Tide times play an important part in the bay today.

I agree with you about early starts in winter.

Thank you for the advice. I will differently try next time I am out.

i fished the bay saturday in borderline conditions for my boat

we trolled 5kays south as close as we could to the rocks 2.5m-3m swell predicted, had the wind up my bum and copped a few 2 stroke fumes which on top of how rough it was sent me off colour a little

tried trevally alley for pickers, then drifted in the eastern part of the bay for a few flatties