Blackie sesh tomorro

bharris

Hi Kingfisher, Rod here. I've read this post too late, but next time your keen for a blackie fish, let me know please mate. I've only recently got back into fishing and I've got the bug bad...!!!

I used to do a lot of blackie fishing at Geroa when I had a van down there and I love it. Been thinking a bit lately about giving it a go locally.

I live in Caringbah South, so im local to the Hacking and very keen.

Hopefully catch up with you soon.

Cheers. Rod.

You may find the Woronora and Georges too dirty! I'd try the Hatcheries in the Port closeto the mouth and the spawners should be schooling there it may be a lot clearer than further up otherwise I would be fishing eastern harbour near the heads places like Cremorne, Watsons Bay etc. By the way where boputs did the weed comefrom forthe life of me theres none down my way!

I've spent the last 2 arvo's down at the harbour - FILTHY water!.

Caught 2 decent Blackies, got my weed from Narrabeen rock pools, but had to search hard.

Also caught the smallest fish ever - check this out. The hook is a Gamakatsu #10 for reference!

Think it was an elver that ???? got onto the hook...LOL!

post-8890-026410400 1339667285_thumb.jpg

post-8890-090217600 1339667313_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nanook

You may find the Woronora and Georges too dirty! I'd try the Hatcheries in the Port closeto the mouth and the spawners should be schooling there it may be a lot clearer than further up otherwise I would be fishing eastern harbour near the heads places like Cremorne, Watsons Bay etc. By the way where boputs did the weed comefrom forthe life of me theres none down my way!

Blackies were in the Georges early this morning before the runout tide brought down too much dirty water.

Worth a try on the high tide.

The local bait shop was selling it last weekend. Otherwise the freshwater weed from the ornamental ponds is working at the moment.

Bruce