fishing clyde river in winter

Shaggytrevally

Won't be easy but you can get jew there in winter. Some nice bream and flathead too. There was a similar thread posted in fishing chat a few days ago. Have a look as some of the more local raiders had some good advice :thumbup:

Will do mate lets hope the rain holds off.

Ye, the rain is a bit worrying but hopefully it eases off. Which weekend are you heading down there? I will be there on the last weekend of June.

Two more sleeps and ill be sitting back on the houseboat wetting a line, and just chillin with mates can not wait.

aeb870 - see you on the water mate, enjoy i have a feeling we are going to have some awesome weather.

Lets hope the fish are about as well.

Lucky you, I am going the following weekend not this one.

Weather should be good this weekend so all the best.

Make sure you give us an update, can't wait to hear from you.

Good luck and enjoy your weekend

Well back from fishing the Clyde on a house boat for the weekend and damn it went to quick, sad to be home. No photos as yet.

But nothing the first night, a couple of Flathead the next day and night right up river past nellegen bridge. However no bait fish around or nipper.

Moved down off some oyster racks not far from the house boat company stay the day and night sunday picked up 2 nice salmon, few small flathead and bream and i had my rod with 20 pound trace scream off with a whole dead squid on the hook, set the hook and hung on and on and on then boof nothing almost spooled me and bit my hooks off!! Was it a massive jewies???, 10 min later another one out and bang of it goes set the hook but too many lines out getting tangles then boof bit me off again. not as big as the first though.

One of the other house boats landed a 1 metre jew!!

BTW if you find a rod and reel it ours one of our crew lost it with a fish took it straight over the side.

Good luck hopefully aeb870 you have the perfect weather we had it was cold at night but perfect in the day.

don't reckon you'll have much luck up river all the bait seems to be down near where you pick the boat up.

Good luck any way.

Hey, I was actually signing on to ask how you went.

Well sounds like you had a good time, spewing about the bust offs but that's fishing. If you have any photos it would be awesome.

So you are saying you had luck near the oyster leases next to the boat hire place? Like is there any easy way to reference it, where you moored or anchored?

Wow I really can't wait now

First photo you can see the oyster leases on the right they fished well on the top of the tide either side, after that just went quite, mabye heaps of berley might keep

fish on.

3rd photo whole squid was taken twice by big jew you can see me just hanging on could not stop it. again round the same time as tide was on it way out but fished the bait to the left of the boat, maybe if you can get live mullet or tailor you'll have better luck oh and a wire trace!!!.

Good luck

post-14622-084933100 1340674215_thumb.jpg

post-14622-058146500 1340674546_thumb.jpg

post-14622-074223400 1340674634_thumb.jpg

post-14622-069312100 1340674654_thumb.jpg